Pauline on Q&A

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave70 said:
Nonsense. Plants thrive in a greenhouse environment..

Greenhouse_Grow2.jpg
That brings back a few memories,anyone walking through that would is definitely going to need a Tyvek suit.

As for the global warming was reading recently the article about the 3 rd Pole which Chinese climate scientists study, looks pretty grim, although we are heading for disaster and ruination, I wonder if we do slow down the climate change how much longer we will get. Has it ever been mentioned?

wide eyed and legless said:
although we are heading for disaster and ruination, I wonder if we do slow down the climate change how much longer we will get. Has it ever been mentioned?
until when?

it's not like one day everything will be fine, then then next it all goes tits up.
moreso things like this, in no particular order and on varying time scales:
- changing rainfall patterns, ocean currents, change in usual seasonal variations generally
- ecosystems collapse, some single species thrive & dominate
- food / water shortages (from the above 2 items) in countries & regions which can't afford to adapt
- migration from coastal areas which can't afford to build sea walls
- conflict resulting from the above
- world war! pew pew pew

Actually I was serious about Trump starting WW III geoengineering ain't saving us from nuclear holicost.

gaijin said:
Bit OT, but speaking of ruination and all...

I like the thought that if mankind's half-assed attempt to slow down global warming fails, there is a fallback option, however drastic https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stratospheric_sulfate_aerosols_(geoengineering)

It was spoken about in Superfreakanomics - worth a read if anyone gets a chance.
Thats really ******* with mother nature

But then again....cant be worse than we have already made it

Maybe well all just end up dying en mass and our cities turn into giant oil fields....

And the next generation thinks,,,wow,,check out those dinosaurs ...and burn our remains

No policeman would presume 100k was a median full time salary would they?

I'm sorry I don't mean to be insulting but I have a copper mate who leans as you do. Just wondering. Railroad Dicks?

Oh well the railway, 100k is for the plebe swinging on the back of the train who opens and closes the doors, occasionally making announcements that are completely inconprehesable. Ask me how I know?!

Apparently Queensland coppers were on a far better wicket in the late 80's, according to the Fitzgerald inquiry..

Dave70 said:
Thanks for the heads up. Better get started on my ark!
You might be able to get a cheap second hand one from Ken Ham. It even has air con.

A car-park attendant? Is that a traffic cop on the Monash?

Rant time:
Bill Shorten's response this morning to the question of whether he's concerned about One Nation securing 4 Senate seats in this recent election was to blame the Greens & Turnbull for changing the election regulations.
Are you ******* kidding me?!?
That's the best he could come up with?!
What a ******* douche bag.
Not saying the other pollies are any better, but that is a ******* pathetic stock standard effort of "whatever the issue is, blame the other guys for it"
The only slightly more disappointing thing is that the media pack just stood around like stale bottles of piss and let it slide. Surely one of them could of piped up and said something like " Sorry Bill, but what the **** are you talking about??" or "What the hell does that have to do with the voting in of a bunch of ignorant, intolerant, disrespectful, far right rednecks?"

Brilliant example of mediocre politicians who still don't seem to understand that a large chunk of the population are pretty damn sick of these standard responses of blaming anything negative on the other guys, irrespective of whether it's true, and instead of engaging in any form of intelligent or analytical response.
And a brilliant example of mediocre media.

Latest posts

Back