Pauline on Q&A

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nobody is disputing that.

Gaining money from increasing house prices isn't an achievement, it's a transfer of wealth.

wide eyed and legless said:
The more one achieves the higher the reward.
Yes, but unlike your ( elitist ) self this does not always work.

I know plenty of people who work hard to achieve and still end up with **** all

I know we all cant be is rich. elitist and self made as WEAL but if we keep on the track of feed the rich and **** the poor then the poor will eventually turn on the rich, and the rich will be fucked

As marry Antoinette would have said " Let them eat caviar and drink Grange "

Lets first define what it means to be poor in a first world country like Australia.

Dave70 said:
Lets first define what it means to be poor in a first world country like Australia.
Not being able to get that 3rd investment property for your 12 month old

Ducatiboy stu said:
Not being able to get that 3rd investment property for your 12 month old
You channeled my sarcasm to a tee.

I can't understand why everyone isn't doing something to make sure there future retirement is financed, the government has already warned that the government age pension is not going to be around when most of us retire.
Borrowing large sums of money to fund residential property purchases in order to future-proof one's retirement is a very risky approach. The fact that a tax regime encourages people to do so is irresponsible. It's all rosy until it isn't. Ballooning levels of household debt and the ever-increasing size of the house price to wages ratio is a potential precursor to collapse. We've already seen significant rates of foreclosure in towns where people leveraged themselves to the hilt to take advantage of rental opportunities in mining towns. What if the situation arises in Sydney and Melbourne where the rents required to cover mortgages on investment properties are higher than people can afford on their slow growth wages?

If you believe the rhetoric that the pension will disappear in the not too distant future, or anywhere in the future for that matter, I have a brand new bridge to sell to you.

Liam_snorkel said:
Nobody is disputing that.

Gaining money from increasing house prices isn't an achievement, it's a transfer of wealth.
And here I was thinking that transfer of wealth was when the government takes the taxes from the hard earned income of the taxpayer and gives it to someone who won't work.

goomboogo, with Melbourne population to rise to 8 million I doubt that the housing market will be falling significantly any time soon.
The age of government pension being finished is Scott Morrisons words not mine, obviously the government will be giving out food stamps or some such buffer.

And here I was thinking that transfer of wealth was when the government takes the taxes from the hard earned income of the taxpayer and gives it to large corporations in the form of subsidies, rebates and tax breaks..

I doubt that the housing market will be falling significantly any time soon.
But what happens when it does...and it will...

What happens when all of a sudden the renters cant afford to rent because the owners need to cover the payments, so they move to where they can, Without renters your investment property is worth jack shit

Ducatiboy stu said:
But what happens when it does...and it will...

What happens when all of a sudden the renters cant afford to rent because the owners need to cover the payments, so they move to where they can, Without renters your investment property is worth jack shit
Easy. Use the equity to buy another property where the renters are abundant and cashed up.

If you have talk about it you don't really have it, some people are full of shit.

booargy said:
If you have talk about it you don't really have it, some people are full of shit.
Equity or fingers?

Latest posts

Back