Paul Mercurio's Peach Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Backlane Brewery

Reaction score
Saw the review of this in the Bulletin, here's a link to Paul Mercurio's new site.

Good thing there is no smilie for envy, lucky bugger gets to brew up at the Holgate Brewery.
One or two of the retailers he lists are in my neck of the woods, will have to have a look for this. You interstaters will have to email him with suggested stockists he can approach. :chug:

Is he a member here, by the way?

Backlane,

I remember him either posting here or on another forum I occasionally use a couple of years ago. Which one escapes me.

Dropped a line introducing himself and asking for suggestions on where to purchase that long-awaited all-grain equipment he was going to get.

Was sent suggestions by myself and others and never replied again. <_<

Must have been when Coopers waved the bucks in front of him. :)

Warren -

gidday guys. Joined up and looking to work out the board. Warren can you remember what forum it was? I am thinknng possibly the more beer forum. Excuse me for not replying!

It would be nice if Coopers paid me big bucks!!! I was an ambassador for them for almost 13 years. Had a great time and drank a lot of good beer for free - thems the perks. That all stopped last year as I thought since I was going bring out my own beer it would be a conflict of interest to still take the beer from Coopers!

Sadly I still havent got a mash system!! But I have been using Holgate Brewhouse as my own personal brewery - a lot of fun but bloody expensive making and packaging 135 cases a pop!

Cheers :beer:

Paul,

well done on getting the use of the Holgate premises! We should all be so lucky! So how about sending a few cases up Qld way? We like all things tropical up here and I wouldn't mind trying a peach beer!

Cheers - Snow

Gidday Paul, we should have got you properly set up in Mittagong! Still its not too late to get the pilot brewery going...

Good to see you on board.

Wes

Gday Paul, saw you on Talking Heads last week. I myself have made a peach beer and would love to try yours for a comparison. Its great you have joined our forum, welcome aboard.

Oh by the way, I dont know if you have read the other posts but im thinking of bringing out an Australian HB mag and if you might be interested in being in it one day?

Scotty

Gday Paul

Welcome aboard...

Next time your in Perth pop in to a 'Sandpeoples Brew Day' if you like... I'll introduce you to the pleasures of my GT Rice Lager ;)

Asher for now

Gday Paul, saw you on Talking Heads last week.

Likewise, but didn't see any action in the brewhaus! I'd be keen to give it a try if you can get some up to Sydney.

Cheers - Brett.

A warm welcome to PM!!!

I have known for years that the two most prominent celebrity home brew afficionados were Paul Mercurio and Kostya Tsyu. At times when trying to promote home brewing in one way or another I had paused for thought as to how to recruit them to the cause.

So Paul, now you have become a contract brewer at 11 HL a pop. Great stuff! That's getting a bit serious isn't it ;) . I wonder if we'll be seeing a Kostya Brew one day as well?? Sounds like your having a jolly old time with the distribution -- I'm sure that is the most challenging part. I wish you all the best as I wrassle with the notion of attempting a similar thing here in Japan one day.

Looks like you've got a nice bit of branding going on there with the logo, but one thing I'd like to see somewhere on the website, maybe on the "Where to buy" page, is a picture of a bottle in full livery, just so as to put that image in folks' head when they are casually browsing the shelves it will catch their eye. Just a suggestion.

Good luck with it, and don't forget to keep us up to date here as there are many beer-o-philes herein ready to be enthusiastic advocates for you if you win their hearts and minds and, especially, their tastebuds.

Would love to talk to you about the challenges of contract brewing one day, but for the time being I'll leave you alone to make a success of it.

Here's to Paul's Own :beer:

Steve Lacey
:ph34r:

Snow said:
So how about sending a few cases up Qld way? We like all things tropical up here and I wouldn't mind trying a peach beer!

Cheers - Snow
[post="52130"][/post]​
I second that great idea Snow! :party:

Welcome aboard Paul

Fantastic news Paul, and welcome!
I third the notion to have some sent up here, I'd love to try some.
Actually, I know my mum would love to try some too... mum and dad are both highly competitive ballroom dancers, and are massive fans.
All the best.

At the risk of coming across as the sort of pedantic ratbag I warned Paul about when he emailed me to say he was looking at joining the site :angry: - if you clicked thru the link in my original post you would see that if you want to get someone local to stock this you need to email (via the site, not via post or PM here) their details so Paul can approach them. :)

FWIW, I stopped off at Victorian Wine in Middle Park this arvo and picked up a couple.
Mmmm, it's very very good indeed, I have a cold one sitting next to me as I type.
Ale-y yet peachy, nowhere near as aggressively fruity as a framboise or a cherry Kriek. It is a VERY easy quaffer. 5.2%, too.
And there's a free tasting session down here in Melbourne next week.... :chug:

If I make it up for the Sydney AHB pub crawl there will probably be a six pack (at least) in my bag...first come first served.

Alright... I'll go to my local Grape and demand a few cases of peach ale.

Backlane Brewery said:
At the risk of coming across as the sort of pedantic ratbag I warned Paul about when he emailed me to say he was looking at joining the site :angry: - if you clicked thru the link in my original post you would see that if you want to get someone local to stock this you need to email (via the site, not via post or PM here) their details so Paul can approach them. :)

[post="52174"][/post]​

On Pauls site he says he's not interested in interstate distributers yet, so not mch point emailing. but if he wants to send a crate or 2 up here I'd gladly chip in with the others...

Hi Paul,

I'm sure a lot of us here started out with a Cooper's kit, and watched your video that came with it.

Just one question, did Lisa ever actually drink a beer? ;)

Wreck.

Mercs Own said:
Warren can you remember what forum it was? I am thinknng possibly the more beer forum. Excuse me for not replying!

[post="52129"][/post]​

No worries Paul and welcome on board. (The forum was craftbrewer.org),

Better late than never. Good to have a public voice on our forum. :)

Good luck with your projects. Hope it pans out. One good thing about working out at Holgates would be sampling their products. Not a bad drop. (Particularly served off the handpumps at Keatings :super: :super: )

Warren -

Thanks all for the warm welcome!!! I am sorry to have missed out on this board for so long!

I would love to have the beer available every where around Australia and that is certainly the aim. In the short term I am just trying to set up a network in Melbourne so as to get the business started and solid. I do have a company having a look at distributing in Sydney - so any one who has a bottle shop or knows of a bottle shop that would be serious in stocking the beer then drop me a line via my web site - www.mercswon.com.au and I will give them a call. If I can get enough places interested then I would send up a pallet and do some tastings. Same goes for Brisbane!!

Also keep an eye on the web site for little events that are happening!

Wreck Lisa did sample some beer! Not hard to look at is she?!!

BackLane - glad you tried some beer - they are good people down at the Vic wine centre. By the way the beer is 5.5% I am going to pop down there for my birthday lunch and of course I will be drinking Mercs Own!!

Hey Wes - the good news is I have finally ordered a brewing system!! It is going to be my pilot brewing system for researching and developing recipes. I have orderd a B3 1550 from More Beer. If any doesnt know of these sytems click the link on my website. They are pretty smick!

Hopefully I am going to do a brew today - mini mash malt extract - then watch the super bikes at Phillip Island tomorrow.

Cheers

The B3 1550 is certainly pretty schmick, I should get two...

Best of luck with it Paul, and welcome to the site. I'm sure you will benefit from use of forums such as this which help a great deal to get it out into the public even more

Latest posts

Back