Passionate Brewer!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malt_shovel

Reaction score

Brewer's speech at the start of a tasting night at his brewery in the US (Cricket Hill Brewery).

Last edited by a moderator:
Coors light - the no. 1 selling water in New York! :lol:

"the coldest tasting beer in America, what does that mean!!"
funny
(think Tooheys New had a similar dumb ass concept like that a while back)

I watched 30 seconds, and killed it before I barfed :angry: .

Typical loud-mouth Yank ("Best beer on the face of planet Earth" - how does he know? Has he tested every beer on the planet?)

I watched it all, and had a good chuckle at it.

He rants and rails against Coors Light like there is no tomorrow.
I'd give him a bit of poetic licence whether his beer is the best on the planet. I'd say it is somehat tongue in cheek, given the overall tone of his presentation.

Haha - it's funny if you take it in context. If you've ever watched that excellent TV series "The Adventure of English" you'll note that towards the end of the 19th century, American English developed a unique sub- style of talking "big talking" that was only used in public, and this never happened in Australia so it can seem very grating to the typical mumbling Australian who turns to jelly if a microphone is shoved in his face (see news footage of typical American in street with microphone, they all do an oscar performance instantly, particulary the kids :p .

"Mah fellow citizens of this productive, mellifluous, serindipitous and hard won township - are you and your loved ones to be hoodwinked by these carpet baggers who propose, heinously to superimpose their chagrinous and insubstantiatable abominations upon you fine upstanding folks............ ad nauseam" They love it. :lol:

Edit: - actually it was called "tall talk" :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ol'Wobbly' post='900735' date='Apr 13 2012, 05:57 PM']I watched 30 seconds, and killed it before I barfed :angry: .

Typical loud-mouth Yank ("Best beer on the face of planet Earth" - how does he know? Has he tested every beer on the planet?)[/quote]

You are complaining about a brewer who is so incredibly passionate about his own product he says it's the best?

Shame on him. What a terrible person he must be.

I though it was an excellent performance. He set out to make a strong impact and did. Good work!

gotta appreciate the guy that keeps yelling, 'I love you'.

Good rant and makes me keen to try his brew, shame its not quite local.

What a public speaker!

I feel his pain, and laugh at it with him!

I was waiting for him to have a stroke and fall off that platform! Love that sort of passion in anything...

Back