Pass through 1/2 inch compression fitting

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muz

Reaction score
I need to pass 1/2 inch copper tubing through the side of my kettle. I can find stainless compression fitting that go on the end of the pipe but none that allow the pipe to pass through. Anyone know where I can find one? I've been looking all morning./

Last edited:
I've got one of these:

https://cheekypeakbrewery.com.au/nano-quick-seal-dump-valve-304ss-3-piece-ball-valve-set
They also just sell the inner bulkhead part:

https://cheekypeakbrewery.com.au/1-2-bspp-male-to-female-new-bulk-head-fitting
this goes on the inside, then a ball valve goes on the outside. Then I have a compression fitting to male 1/2 thread inside the bulkhead fitting for my coil.

Is there a reason you want to pass the copper all the way through, or is the above what you are after?

You can also just use an SS elbow and hose barb on the inside rather than a pickup tube, that's what I've got on my other kettle

Attached a couple of photos of my setup... ignore the trubby mess, haven't cleaned the kettle yet from brewing this morning

IMG_20210303_141225.jpg IMG_20210303_141235.jpg

A 1/2" BSP nipple and a couple of flat nuts (+ lots of thread tape).
Will take 1/2" Copper tube, a kinko nut and olive washer might be a good way to join it all up.
The one in the pick is from Kegland and is like $3 and is I think around 50mm long. I find them a bit short for some jobs, you can get 150mm long threaded tube from some Stainless suppliers, I have used Geordie in Melbourne, costs a lot more but you can cut off what you need.
Mark

1614778960775.png

Thanks MHB. I assumed the BSP nipple wouldn't work with a kinko nut and olive washer and more the connections I've seen have been slightly indented to fit the olive washer. I tried it out though and it works perfectly! Thanks heaps.

Back