Party Pig

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peas_and_corn

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I cannot mash that
Reaction score
I've been considering getting a party pig (or two) so I can keg up my sour beers and keep them separate from my non-sour kegged beers. Does anyone here have one? What are they like?

He may also be willing to be filled with your sours but I suspect you'll have difficulty keeping him separated from your other kegs.

Looks like the only difference between a PartyPig and the widely criticised Tap-A-Draft is this pressure pouch thing. Dunno how good a PET bottle might be for a sour - how long do you think a batch might hang around for?

[quote name='Mike L'Itorus' post='927863' date='Jun 25 2012, 12:31 PM']Mike L'Itorus and Bum are not that far apart.

Ahhh, couple 'a inches.[/quote]

One Either side of Cocko 'Cos he's a C&nt

He may also be willing to be filled with your sours but I suspect you'll have difficulty keeping him separated from your other kegs.

Looks like the only difference between a PartyPig and the widely criticised Tap-A-Draft is this pressure pouch thing. Dunno how good a PET bottle might be for a sour - how long do you think a batch might hang around for?

Well it'll need time to naturally carbonate, then there's the drinking time... so probably carb time + a week. I'm guessing you're thinking about how the low pH of sour beers would affect the plastic, which is a good point. That said, it's the same plastic they make coke bottles out of, and isn't that pretty acidic?

I think he means that plastic lets a fair amount of air in (relative to glass), so if you were looking at souring beers over a period of years, this could be an issue.

I've also looked into getting a couple of Party Pig's,

Wow that must be one hell of a big party, generally one pig per party is enough.

Pig_on_a_spit.png

I've been considering getting a party pig (or two) so I can keg up my sour beers and keep them separate from my non-sour kegged beers. Does anyone here have one? What are they like?

I own one. They're great. I also dispense from 19L kegs. Yes, you'll have carbonation/conditioning time in pig unless you want to transfer carbonated beer in which case you just insert a pouch and away you go. Handy for bringing the pig around a party or whatever.

In terms of keeping the sours separate, sure would work fine.

Cheers

One Either side of Cocko 'Cos he's a C&nt

Christ you are the biggest Hom on the planet!

[Bar jyo, obviously]

Also, the rest of you should shoosh!

Political comment; Meh..

Answer OP, Oh shit, so the 2 replies that are actually on topic have done that yeah?

BFIAC.

Christ you are the biggest Hom on the planet!

[Bar jyo, obviously]

Also, the rest of you should shoosh!

Political comment; Meh..

Answer OP, Oh shit, so the 2 replies that are actually on topic have done that yeah?

BFIAC.

Keeping this on topic- I don't to be barred by anyone, thank you.

Back