Party Kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batz

Batz Brewery...Hand crafted beers from the 'Batcav
Reaction score
Remember Doc's post about a party keg?

He posted this pic , it was for a 3 gallon keg , that's cool with me as I have a few I got from Brewers Discount

I liked the look of it and decieded I will make something similar

Well I was down the shops today and found this in 'Red Dot" store , one of those cheap shops , every place has them

A granny's shopping trolly

$14.00

OK
Looks a bit girlie

The bag thingy just slips off

Sorry like this

It all folds up , has fair sixe wheels and for $14.00 who's gunna be bothered making one

This is my mash tun one it , but you get the idea

This one is designed to strap on yer back. A soda stream bottle completes the outfit.

PartyKeg.jpg

The neat thing is, as you get more pissed, the centre of gravity goes down to compensate for loss of gross motor control.

brewiki: party keg

got one in the shed ' but dont think the round up and beer will mix real well!!!!

Mixes real well Halfinch, I suck on a stubbie of homebrew whilst spraying roundup all the time, keeps me lubricated and keeps the weeds down at the same time. :chug: :chug: :chug: P.S . Also have a quick squirt whilst im at it.

You sure that's not your good shopping trolley Batz :p

That could also double as a grain transport system

sintax

If the more I drank the more my centre of gravity changed , well I'll fall over ! :p

:chug: :chug: :chug:

No JasonY it's not for my shopping :angry:

Bunnings has a 7 litre version of the beastie pictured in my earlier post for $12. All I need is for them to bring out a 12 litre and I have a full set, kegs for all occasions.

As it turns out, I used the (original 5L) party keg in anger for the first time yesterday. Great way to dump beer to make space for new ;) . Anyway it works great. And people loved the steam beer, I just happen to have reached Northern Brewer overload right now.

To transfer to the party keg I use the mkIII CPF with QD attachment.

brewiki: counter pressure filler

I wasn't watching too well and overfilled it - had to drink a litre before the gig :chug:

Hi Guys,

This is my contribution to the party keg ideas thread.

All up it cost me about $30 as I had a few things laying around (spare tap and esky) Basic costs would have been sprayer for $10 and the soda stream which I gutted for $10. Misc bits $10 and it works an absolute treat. Holds about 6.5L. There's a few little leaks if you pressure it right up but is excellent with a slower pouring pressure.

Have a look at the file I've attached for a better picture :)

cheers

richie

EskyTop.jpg

Hey richie and other guys using sodastream bottles. Aren't they supposed to be used upright like a normal CO2 bottle? That how they are oriented in the Soda stream, your still dealing with liquid CO2 and big pressures, even though it's a little bottle.

Just a thought.

Cheers, Justin

Yep I thought about that when I first built it with the old cylinder that was about and inch shorter than then new ones. It fitted a treat straight up and down :) The new cylinder didn't though :( it stuck out above the top of the esky so I undertook some scientific testing with the new cylinder. I connected it up stood it straight up hit the button and observed what came out of the lid. I did the same with it on its side and noticed nothing different. I guess that if it came out as liquid co2 by the time it got to the end of the line it had dissipated enough so that it wasn't a liquid any more? I dunno? Now my head hurts.

cheers

richie

Here's one I picked up. Works a treat, holds up to 10 litres, and runs off the small Co2 gas refills. Check the pressure with a tyre gauge, dead easy.

88_1_b.JPG

There was a bit of interest in my party keg @ yesterdays Brisbane bash, so thought I'd post a few pics...

Party_Esky.jpg Party_Esky_inside.jpg

The 10L kegs have a slot in the base that fits neatly over tap allowing it to sit flat in the bottom of the esky. The soda stream fitting is a right angle one, allowing the guage & regulator to sit neatly inside. Holds 1 bag of ice from the garage & will stay cold for a couple of days...

Justin and richie
As a note - yes Soda stream cylinders do contain a liquid and it is probably not recommended to run them so as to get liquid coming out into the regulator. Now while it might be fair to say the low flow rate in the home brew situation means that the liquid comes out and expands into a gas in the regulator stem (especially if you don't depress the little button all the way), this may be a "risky excercise. However I did do the "rough" figures on this situation before:

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...indpost&p=55155

Seems that soda stream cylinders are a little under 1/2 full of liquid. This may be a safety issue to prevent them blowing up when left in the back of a hot car (anyone want to take a full SS bottle to the wreckers are put it in the dashboard out in the sun? - reeks of a Mythbusters kinda stunt). Given that people have used SS bottles on their side safely, this must be OK. Personally I keep mine on at least a 30 degree angle.

I like Ross' esky setup. I'd try the same, but the last 20L keg I took to a party was gone in under 2 hours - I think I need to go to smaller parties!

Back