Party Keg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 384

Reaction score
Yesterday was Christmas come early, when a parcel arrived with some new brew toys including a faucet that attaches directly to an out disconnect. I've got a couple of 3 gallon kegs so this now makes a top little party set-up :D .

All I need now is for Summer to return and BBQ's will never be the same.

Cheers
MAH

5galp002_1_1_.jpg

MAH,

Well done......

Where do you get that from and how much?

Jase

From RBC MAH?

I ordered a couple the other day as well , I have not heard a thing from them as yet?

Do they comfirm your order?

Spot on Batz, they are from RCB and they are unlikely to give you notification of your order. I've found it best to just ring them.

The faucet, with adapter and Male Flare Fitting (MFL) disconnect was US$29.95, which with the current crap exchange rate is equal to AUS$44.

If you're not ordering a load of other gear it will cost a fortune, because minimum postage is US$21.50.

Someone once posted that you need to keep the total value under $250 or you will get hit with import duty, which is utter bollocks. My last package from the US was the equivalent of about AUS$600, and I didn't have to pay a single cent in import duty. In fact I've never had to pay duty on any imported brew gear (importing a car is another story - any one want a V8 Toyota Soarer ;) ).

Forgot to mention that I tried it out last night and it poured not problems.

Cheers
MAH

It is $1000 if it comes via mail or $250 if it comes via courier.

Sometimes you can just be lucky :)

I ordered two three gallon kegs MAH , possiably should have included one of those taps , I did think about it

I've also got 2 of the 3 gallon kegs. I'll be using them quite a bit to do split batches. Make up a 24 liter brew, split it into to 16liter fermenters and pitch 2 different yeast. This way I'll be able to do side by side taste test on what flavour impact a particular yeast makes. I'll soon be doing this with Danish Lager vs Munich Lager yeast.

You'll love the 3 gallon kegs. I can fir my arm in these to clean te bottom properly.

Cheers
MAH

Nice mark

Did you also order teh soda stream CO2 gas fitting?

Yep I've got the little number below. But I forgot to order a gas MFL disconnect, DOH! Anyone who has a spare gas MLF disconnect and would like to off-load it PM me.

Cheers
MAH

untitled.jpg

how long was shipping? ill have to pick up a setup like that for summer.

would a 3 gal keg fit in an esky by any chance?

MAH said:
Someone once posted that you need to keep the total value under $250 or you will get hit with import duty, which is utter bollocks. My last package from the US was the equivalent of about AUS$600, and I didn't have to pay a single cent in import duty. In fact I've never had to pay duty on any imported brew gear (importing a car is another story - any one want a V8 Toyota Soarer ;) ).
MAH

According to import laws you should have paid duty + GST but I have heard of others that have not paid it either. This is great for us home brewers but if someone in customs cottons on we may have to start paying it :(

Hoops

MAH,

Have you found cheap source for the co2 bulbs?
They look larger than a soda water bulbs you get at the supermarket (with a screwed connection maybe? too ). Look like the ones used for bike pumps. But they cost 12 bucks each from the bike shop....

Asher for now....

Asher

I got one of those from RCB. I have "modified" it to take the CO2 bulbs from the supermarket. (They cost about 50c ea)
Basically all that is needed is to remove/strip the thread as the little ones have a thicker neck. A spacer is also needed as they are a little shorter.

Hoops

Good stuff...
Thats what I wanted to hear .... :)

A mate of mine gave me a load of CO2 bulbs so I reckon I will not have to buy any for a very looong time.

Cheers
MAH

You could also use the nitrogen bulbs (the ones for whipping cream) to get a great creamy ale/stout. I do this with a large cylinder of nitrogen I have in my shed. I set the reg to about 250kpa and use a normal cobra tap but only partly open to do the same job as a sparkler tye tap.... works very well....

Asher for now

Asher

do you know anyone that's used them? I wasn't sure about them as they are Nitrous Oxide AKA laughing gas not just straight Nitrogen.
Anyone know what nitrous oxide does to beer?

Hoops

makes it taste 'funny' :)

sorry couldn't help myself

Back