• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Partially Completed Brew Tree For Sale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slimy frog

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Due to space constraints and work commitments, I am reluctantly offering my partially completed Brew tree for sale. If there are no takers here on AHB, I'll give Ebay a go.

Heres what you get:

1 x stand (brand new)
1 x stainless steel HLT (Used but in excellent cond: 50litres)
1 x stainless steel boiler (identlical to the one above)
1 x mash tun (brand new coleman square esky: 36 litres)
2 x temp controllers (brand new)
2 x thermocouples k-type (brand new)
2 x probe type "brumometers" (brand new)
1 x contactor/relay (used but excellent cond)

Please refer to the images attached.

The SS HLT and boiler are not yet drilled for heating elements (or anything else) so can easily be converted to gas. Whats left to do is all the plumbing and include an inline CF chiller.

Collective cost for all above components has been over $1K. However asking $800.

Pick up only. Sorry will not post/deliver. I live in the Hills district of Sydney.

Cheers

SF

sorry guys. Tried to attach images but was unsuccessful.

How does one attach images??

SF

slimy frog said:
sorry guys. Tried to attach images but was unsuccessful.

How does one attach images??

SF
[post="49834"][/post]​

You can only attach one image per post, and if you preview it, you need to reselect it to post it, it "forgets"

Thanks JG, but still no luck attaching the files

Whats happening is that when I click "add this attachment" it apears that the file is being uploaded and then after a minute or so the page is redirected to a blank screen. In the mean time no file has been attached. Similarly when I try to "preview post" the page just redirects to a blank screen.

I wonder if there is a problem with the attachment feature.

SF

selling it!!! mate i am half way through putting mine together,and it has,nt got any where near 1000 peso,s. hold on to it and make time. it seems you have all the go gear,some of it looks like top shelf stuff.keep the faith. i would snaffle it but cant , sorry,

kitkat said:
how much for the car :D
[post="49860"][/post]​

Hey KK,

Be careful what you wish for. Just had the first service on the car (15000km) and had to replace brake pads and rotors (brake disks) - $1900. Oh and that did not include the price of the actual service.

Man these Mercs eat through brakes.

Finally, a big thanks to JG for hosting the pics. Thanks

I'd be complaining about having to replace both pads and rotors at 15,000km; one or the other MIGHT be acceptable, but BOTH is ridiculous. I hope you kicked up a stink, 'cos I know I would've.

I was unhappy changing rotors on a WRX a few years ago when I'd done 30,000km. I was still on the same set of pads I started with. Then I started taking the GTR out on the track - there's a brake chewing monster right there :wacko:

Getting back on topic, I love the design of the tree and if I didn't already have a near complete setup I'd jump at it. Out of interest, how did you make the tree itself? I'd love to see a design, more pics etc. as it's a work of art you've got there mate.

If you are keen to split it up, I'd be interested in finding out more about the brew stand.
PM me if you are. I'm in the Hills district too, so I can do pickup.

Beers,
Doc

i would be interested in the brewmometer and maybe probe and controller....

If as Doc says - u r willing to split it up

slimy frog said:
Whats happening is that when I click "add this attachment" it apears that the file is being uploaded and then after a minute or so the page is redirected to a blank screen. In the mean time no file has been attached. Similarly when I try to "preview post" the page just redirects to a blank screen.

I wonder if there is a problem with the attachment feature.

SF
[post="49850"][/post]​

Yup, its a problem with some types of jpg files in the new forum software. Dane is looking into it. Saving the files in another format might work.

NRB said:
I'd be complaining about having to replace both pads and rotors at 15,000km; one or the other MIGHT be acceptable, but BOTH is ridiculous. I hope you kicked up a stink, 'cos I know I would've.

I was unhappy changing rotors on a WRX a few years ago when I'd done 30,000km. I was still on the same set of pads I started with. Then I started taking the GTR out on the track - there's a brake chewing monster right there :wacko:

Getting back on topic, I love the design of the tree and if I didn't already have a near complete setup I'd jump at it. Out of interest, how did you make the tree itself? I'd love to see a design, more pics etc. as it's a work of art you've got there mate.
[post="49891"][/post]​

Hi NRB,

RE the merc brakes, I did "question" why I needed new pads and rotors at only 15000kms and they said thats its fairly normal, which at the time I didn't believe. When I checked up on the internet, it appears that they are right. This monster chews through brakes. :blink: java script:emoticon(':blink:')

Regarding the stand. Its a boxing bag stand. I purchased it from Big W for $160. It bolts together in 5 minutes.

cheers

whats the RKC controller thing a fridge thermostat controller? if so what temp can it go up to?

Back