Paint Stirrer - Aka Hlt / Mash Stirrer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redbeard

Sth Seas Pirate Brewery
Reaction score
anyone come across a shoppe that sells (long) ss paint stirrers, such could be use to stir an electric hlt or the mashtun via a electric drill ?

cheers

anyone come across a shoppe that sells (long) ss paint stirrers, such could be use to stir an electric hlt or the mashtun via a electric drill ?

I got mine from Bunnings, they have a couple of types. The all metal one would be best for the mash tun. I actually use the other one they sell, its got a smaller plastic propellor type thingy on the end. I just put it on the drill, put in reverse and Bingo!! an instant wort aerator! Only takes 2 minutes and you're all done!!

Breaky

I've been thinking about this for a while now - I think I will take the plunge. It will help to stop clumping in my mash and I'm always looking for a better way of airating the wort than tipping it from one fermenter to another - seems to always lead to a bit of spillage!

Around about how much do they cost at Bunnings breaky?

Around about how much do they cost at Bunnings breaky?
Its been quite a while sinceI bought mine T.D.,but from memory the cost was around the $5 mark. At that price you could afford to get both!! :) Just remember to put your drill into reverse for aeration, otherwise it doesnt work anywhere as well

Breaky

This is my new mash tun set-up.
Not the hole in the removable lid, where the spear/valve was, thats where i attach my drill to a very large industrial paint stirer so I continually stir the mash. I got mine from Bunnings for $15. Its huge and with my drill set on low speed it stirs and big mash for 60mins no probs.
My mash tun is also insulated with 25mm Aeroflex. Only drops 0.5 deg C in 1 hour.

STEPHEN

KEG.jpg

SJW

The insulation on the keg has got me very interested.

What is 25mm Aeroflex, how do you put it on and where do i get some.

It looks like the goods

cheers

tony

Back