Paddy's Brewery Saturday Session May 2nd 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerard_M

Reaction score
G'day Brewer's

Some of you may have heard that I am back brewing at Paddy's Brewery. It has been five years since I first started brewing at Paddy's Brewery & it is great to be back. Paddy's is one of the Sydney beer scenes best-kept secrets. Located in The Markets Hotel on Parramatta Road at Flemington, it is as close to Flemington Markets as you can get.

After four weeks we are getting our full range of beers back on tap, including the Choc Porter, Pale Ale, Wheat Beer & the star of the show our Gold Medal winning Paddy's Pilsner. I was back in Sydney in December '08 to brew for Paddy's and those beers were entered in the 2009 Australian International Beer Awards where we picked up a gold medal for the Paddy's Pilsner as well as a silver for the Pale & bronze for the Choc Porter.

To celebrate our Gold Medal winning Pilsner, we will be holding a Saturday afternoon tasting session on Saturday May 2nd from 1pm. A great lunch menu is available for all the family. We are kicking off with this event to promote Paddy's as a venue where the whole family can enjoy a meal and relax - something that is very hard to do when eating out with kids!
Kids will eat free (from our new healthy kids menu) with the purchase of an adult meal as well as kids entertainment from 1.30pm-3.30pm.

Some of you may not have seen the large beer garden areas, including the grassed area beside the bistro. I worked there for two years without even knowing there was a fountain/water feature outside. On tap will be : Pilsner, Choc Porter, Pale Ale, Wheat, IPA, Lager, & our light beer, The Unleaded - & only $2 per middy.

Brew-Crew Days - You & four friends spend a day in the brewery. You crush the grain, mash-in, ask the brewer any brewing or cricket related question you can think of, shovel out the mash tun, throw some hops in the kettle, pitch some yeast in the fermentor and lunch in the bistro with a few beers. We are giving away our first Brew-Crew day as a lucky door prize on May 2nd, simply purchase a Paddy's beer to go in the draw

Stay tuned for upcoming events - tasting nights, beer dinner & brew crew sessions. If you have any other suggestions, please drop me a line.

Hope to see you there.

Cheers
Gerard

If you love beer & want to add others to our mailing list, please email [email protected] with the name & email address.

Great News Gerard that sounds good value I will be there.

better than the Taphouse spent a hundred bucks and still came out sober "Ever get the feeling you've been cheated? .... Lydon

Pumpy :)

200px_John_Lydon_at_the_Hammersmith_Odeon_2C_2008_09_02.jpg

Welcome back Gerard. I can't be there but will endeavour to come in the next few months.

Sounds great, Gerard. Looking forward to getting out there sometime soon. :beer:

Hope to get there. Is Strathfield the best station to get off? Also congratulations on the medals Gerard, well deserved :beer: :beer:

Hope to get there. Is Strathfield the best station to get off? Also congratulations on the medals Gerard, well deserved :beer: :beer:

The best station is Flemington, but you might need to change trains at Strathfield as Flemington is only a minor station.

Thanks I will catch a train to Flemington. Google maps located the pub just north of Strathfield?!?

I just realised that I will be catching a train to Bulli for the big brew day at Ray's. Sorry to miss the session at Paddy's.

Any chance of yeast slurry? ;)

I am getting some 1.2 litre buckets for yeast slurry. There will be Ale or Lager as I am trying to be secretive & up myself. By me a beer & I might tell you what the exact strain is.
Cheers
Gerard

No worries, much appreciated just might do it. I've always wondered what the unleaded was.

I just realised that I will be catching a train to Bulli for the big brew day at Ray's. Sorry to miss the session at Paddy's.

Oh yeah! I knew I had something on the calendar!

I'll be going to this.. It will be my birthday too so if anyone feels like shouting me a drink you are more than welcome :p

I'll be going to this.. It will be my birthday too so if anyone feels like shouting me a drink you are more than welcome :p

It is my Birthday on that day also. I will have to talk my family to take me there .

Regards

Graeme

Not long now, on tap will be : Pilsner, Choc Porter, Pale Ale (filtered & unfiltered), Wheat, IPA (filtered & maybe unfiltered).
Cheers
Gerard

Back