P.I.T.A Brew Day

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathan_madness

Reaction score
So my brew day was going perfectly till when transferring the wort from the pot to the fermenter my little girl found the water out hose from my chiller in the garden and managed to kink the hose causing it to blast off the barb end of the chiller, spraying water straight into the fermenter (bugger :angry:).

I figured the safest thing to do is to reboil the wort and then pump it through the rocket and chiller again. To my surprise when the wort reached boil it had the sweetest aroma from the hops that it had picked up from the initial pass through the hop rocket, then it proceeded to boil and foam like I have just added initial hops. I guess the rocket really works adding those lost hop oils that they speak of.

nathan_madness said:
So my brew day was going perfectly till when transferring the wort from the pot to the fermenter my little girl found the water out hose from my chiller in the garden and managed to kink the hose causing it to blast off the barb end of the chiller, spraying water straight into the fermenter
Better than hot wort on her I guess.

Sounds like you turned it into a win anyway.

[EDIT: bizarre typos are ON FIRE tonight]

Yeah, that is why she was in the garden. She knows she is not allowed in or near the shed whilst i'm in it ;).

Latest posts

Back