P.E.T bottles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you're not finding it an issue currently then it isn't an issue at all, you know? Maybe try a few upright on the next batch and see if it makes an improvement for you but if you're not finding them overly yeasty then your current method is probably fine to continue. It won't wreck the beer or anything like that.

Might even try a few on their sides myself. Will mean I can store some in the kitchen fridge instead of having to run out to the garage every time I want a beer. :)

I just found they stacked heaps easier on their side and I tend to mark the caps to identify rather than labelling, marks stay on better than labels in the esky once you get a nice ice slurry going :)

Cloudy beer has never worried me but some of my beers have been a bit yeasty so I might try upright with the next lot.

NuggetSA said:
I just found they stacked heaps easier on their side and I tend to mark the caps to identify rather than labelling, marks stay on better than labels in the esky once you get a nice ice slurry going :)

Cloudy beer has never worried me but some of my beers have been a bit yeasty so I might try upright with the next lot.
re "ice slurry". Great technique for masking flavour. ie. it is what the commercial breweries rely on

Thats not necessarily a bad thing, I've been doing some pretty crappy kit n' kilos until recently... Being nice and cold was probably the only thing that saved it :D

Latest posts

Back