Over Active?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well i just went back to it and thought i'd do a SG Reading....... to see whats going, have a taste and all that kind of stuff its all about learning and getting to know whats going on whats right whats not..... hate being a noob at somthing i dont do it well.......

OG - 1043 14:30 10/11/12

SG Reading 1020 22:05 11/11/12

Nice Light color however Very Cloudy look with a Lot of bubbles in it

Fizzy taste not very sweet but tastes quite nice very light brew...

so looks like things are kicking away nicely.... hopfully will be ready to bottle on Sat/Sun so i can get another brew in

yes you pitched alot of yeast so it will go off with a bang then settle down and chug along. You got threw half the ferementables in 1 day of coarse it wont keep up at that rate :p.

RDWHAHB it will be fine. Its a mess to clean up and C02 is still being produced so its not a massive risk of infection ATM

Warra,

The brew is only 24hours old, Main reason for concern is due to it going Nuts thismorning and now nothing after i disturbed it..... I dont think i'll waste beer on a reading when its only 24h old...... Not planning on bottleing just yet.... might be a bit young!
Actually I reckon Warra was replying to my post mate, where I was saying my gravity reading had been stable over 2 days, and was at the expected FG, yet my airlock activity has started up. It's even still going this morning.

Glad to hear yours has started up again, it was always going to.

Different beers obviously do different things...even different ingredients within similar beers. My first beer, the Thomas Coopers Wheat with a kilo of dex and kit yeast was bubbling after 10 hours and had the krausen through the airlock in 24. The next beer, a Thomas Coopers wheat with 500gm of DME and 300gm dex, using WB-06 yeast, was bubbling in 10 hours but never had more than 1cm of krausen the whole week. I put a Coopers Draught with 700gm dex, 500gm maltodextrin & 300gm golden syrup down yesterday, using kit yeast, and 16 hours later it has a large krausen but no airlock activity...smells bloody brilliant too.

yes you pitched alot of yeast so it will go off with a bang then settle down and chug along. You got threw half the ferementables in 1 day of coarse it wont keep up at that rate :p .

RDWHAHB it will be fine. Its a mess to clean up and C02 is still being produced so its not a massive risk of infection ATM

Rdwhahb..... Now I've looked at it for 3 mins I'm stuck lol

Just put some us-05 in the fermenter off the advice of a home brewing mate, made sure I was very sainitized in doubt the whole operation brew smells awesome hopefully she kicks back in and we get her down too 1009 :)

Back