Other Uses For Beer Line.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InCider

Swap Whore
Reaction score
I have had everything vibrate off my cheap mower in the last 12 months... then the fuel cell mounts sheared and cracked today.

22738_293210870457_581115457_3947047_5597233_n.jpg

Fuel cell now sits out of harms way, with BEER LINE! Fits fine. Not sure how well it will last.

22738_293210880457_581115457_3947048_635544_n.jpg

The beer line fits snug on the barbs without urgent need to add clips. I was hoping that the increased height would add something special to the performance (Bah!) but as you can see the fuel is sitting 3/4 of the way up. Not sure if it should be a solid line up to the cell. Ideas?

22738_293210885457_581115457_3947049_724218_n.jpg

The kids are celebrating their Dad's lunacy in a style that will get them ready for the next QLD Brewerhood Case Swap. :lol:

22738_293210890457_581115457_3947050_3221231_n.jpg

Fuel Cell - posh ******* - we could only ever afford a petrol tank.
MHB

There's only one mad ******* I know who would mow 5 acres with a clapped out push mower! :icon_cheers:

Well done Seano. Looks like one of your better efforts! Just remember not to piss on the electric fence behind the kids mate. Did the neighbours set that to keep you enclosed on your property? :lol:

^ I do that to my neighbours block. If they arent going to maintain it - Im not going to put up with the grass climbing up the fence pulling it over. Nor do I want the thistles etc spreading to my back yard.

I'm interested to see how the beer line puts up with the petrol

^ I do that to my neighbours block. If they arent going to maintain it - Im not going to put up with the grass climbing up the fence pulling it over. Nor do I want the thistles etc spreading to my back yard.

Throw pool salt over it as well - no more problem.

I used beer line to replace the fuel line on my mulcher. Of course, I cut it a bit long and it rested against the hot part of the engine, eventually leaking all over the mulcher.

I bought some proper fuel line off the auction site and probably made the same mistake.

I roundup the neighbours property too - about 50-60 meters of fenceline. They have uncleared land which is nice, but lantana and bushmans friends are are major PITA.

As for the beer line and petrol, I will wait and see. How did your last before it melted Spills?

How did your last before it melted Spills?

I was surprised - it seemed to do alright. I was inspired by some other plastic something that claimed to be petrol safe and thought...

I don't know if the plasticky smell was coming from the melting hose or internal-combusting plastic, but taking the thing apart and putting it back together and all the associated palavar made the eight dollars I spent on the *cough* 'proper' tube seem cheap.

And, of course, I used Valpar FlexMaster II - only the best beverage tubing for my petrol-engine fixes!

What brand of mower so we dont buy?

'Gardener's Choice' if you're going to be doing serious mowing, spend the bucks on a bigger, more powerful and reliable mower! I went to the mower shop and there was a 21yo Honda Mower there that started first time. Nice! Let's hope the line doesn't melt! :icon_cheers:

how do you get the stuff under the mower to be green ?

We have already had a years worth of rainfall, obviously this year is going to make up for the last 3 where we go virually none.

Paul

We have already had a years worth of rainfall, obviously this year is going to make up for the last 3 where we go virually none.

Paul

... and give them caves a bit of a cleansing...

'Gardener's Choice' if you're going to be doing serious mowing, spend the bucks on a bigger, more powerful and reliable mower! I went to the mower shop and there was a 21yo Honda Mower there that started first time. Nice! Let's hope the line doesn't melt! :icon_cheers:

Honda mowers rock!

Dads got one and he used to mow their old property with it (about 2.5 acres of grassland / garden) it copped a flogging and kept coming back for more - and started first time everyt time. I've got a honday whipper snipper / line trimmer. 4stroke so no mixing fuel starts first tiem every time, no smoke and is a dream to opperate

Edit: dads now also got a honda brush cutter after he wrapped his chinese knock off "honda copy" brush cutter around our basket ball post when it failed to start - his got a bad temper when things dont start... motor went one way - rest of the brush cutter went the opposite.

Back