Opinions Please

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dundee3012

Reaction score
Hi everyone So can I have peoples thoughts here. I have Put down a coopers Canadian blonde then on theSecond day of fermentation added 500g of washed, cut and frozen Strawberries in a bag I tried to follow the coopers blushing blonde recipieHas anyone tried this

Personally, I would have added them after fermentation was complete and left it for a few days - sort of like dry hopping. If the fruit was frozen it may have hurt some of the yeast.

I could be wrong though - wouldn't be the first time nor the last.

Freezing fruit should break down some of the pectin-haze making enzymes
Should make no difference to the yeast
Second day of fermentation is probably not the best time
Waiting for a little bit alcohol to inhibit any wild yeast from fruit
is probably the best option
Secondary fermentation if you do it or when you normally would rack

That was the longest haiku ever
I was thinking something similar.

I think a lot of blokes hit enter at the end of the text box thinking that they're going to break something if a word is too long. My old man does the same thing on text messages.

I was thinking something similar.

I think a lot of blokes hit enter at the end of the text box thinking that they're going to break something if a word is too long. My old man does the same thing on text messages.

Cell Phone, zoomed in to see the text at a reasonable size, only part of text box is visible, hit enter to push rest into next line...

I think it's a throwback to their first typing experience.

Tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap DING

EDIT: not having a go at you Helles, quality advice. :beer:

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...showtopic=26946

I have brewed with fruit with good results. I have both added the fruit to secondary and to primary after 5 days. The secondary option has produced good beer. Will have to let you know about the primary option as it's still in the FV.

I don't have any specific evidence to say that adding the fruit after twondays is too early, however my gut feel tells me that it is.

Give it a go, see how it tastes. If it is no good, try adding it later next time - either in primary after 5 days, or in secondary.

Back