Open Source Brewing Project

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kook

Reaction score
Open Source Beer Project

"Denvers Flying Dog Brewery today announced plans to release what is believed to be the first open source beer to hit the market in the U.S. Open source is a term most commonly used in the software industry and refers to any program whose source code is made available for use or modification as users or other developers see fit. In this case, Flying Dogs Open Source Beer Project will allow beer drinkers and homebrewers to create and recommend changes and modifications to the recipe."

Sounds pretty damn cool, I wonder what AHB influence we can put onto the project? Maybe Nelson Sauvin hops?

I think that what they are saying is it is the first time open collaboration has been used to create a commercially available beer. I'm pretty sure the homebrewers at Copenhagen uni didn't sell their beer in the US :)

There have been "open source" beers in the past, but realistically these have just been people posting their homebrew recipes with a GPL license.

Latest posts

Back