Open Invite To Chappo's Biggest Brew Day (brissy)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly... it's more a gateway beer into the other styles. Not that I'd ever trick my mates into drinking something GOOD!

:p

Cheers

Ok here's the bloody recipe but it's not mine it's screwies and it's a great one. Thank Screwy for it via PM please if you use it!

88% Galaxy Malt
4 % Wheat Malt
8% table sugar in last 10 min of the boil

30 IBU of Cluster 60 Min

Protien rest 52 for 15 min
Sacc Rest 65 for 70 min

15g S-189 yeast

Address for Chappo Manor is: 144 Federation Drive Bethania

Cheers

Chappo

Damn no Cluster in stock, I've decided to do an Aussie German Crossover instead:

Bavarian Coo-eee lager.

25L

4kg Galaxy
500g Munich 2
1kg Rices

(500g Sugaz in fermenter)

20g Superpride 90 mins
3 Hallertau Plugs 10 mins

Mauribrew Lager yeast 18 degrees

Damn no Cluster in stock, I've decided to do an Aussie German Crossover instead:

Bavarian Coo-eee lager.

25L

4kg Galaxy
500g Munich 2
1kg Rices

(500g Sugaz in fermenter)

20g Superpride 90 mins
3 Hallertau Plugs 10 mins

Mauribrew Lager yeast 18 degrees

Ok we'll go your way then BribieG! Cooee Lager it is! :icon_drunk:
I'll use Topaz instead of SP?

Cheers
Chappo

Aha, no bloody hiding next time I'm in town now Chappo.

Gavo.

Just remember to shut the gate
chappo_manor.JPG

Isn't topaz a bit grapefruity etc? If so then I'll use some USA Chinook instead of the SP and that should balance it out a bit then it can be a Bavarian MoFo Cooee :rolleyes:

Just remember to shut the gate
View attachment 29129

Isn't topaz a bit grapefruity etc? If so then I'll use some USA Chinook instead of the SP and that should balance it out a bit then it can be a Bavarian MoFo Cooee :rolleyes:

Just like in the out west if it's shut then leave it shut.

Done for now Chappo. :ph34r:

Gavo.

Have a great day guys.... I feel like crap! Nothing a few of Lloydies IPAs should fix I hope.

Horror start to brewday (no I didn't take a photo to ruin everyone's smoko). Just went to rinse urn out and discovered that I had completely forgotten to clean it out after the BIAB brew day two weeks ago - that was my last AG because I did a Coopers stout toucan and a FWK since then. I'd tipped it out onto the veg garden, fortunately, but the urn itself was a riot of blue and green and furry lumps inside. (not to be confused with the black rubbery slimy lumps)

Scouring and scrubbing it now. I'ts SS it'll handle it. :icon_cheers:

Horror start to brewday (no I didn't take a photo to ruin everyone's smoko). Just went to rinse urn out and discovered that I had completely forgotten to clean it out after the BIAB brew day two weeks ago - that was my last AG because I did a Coopers stout toucan and a FWK since then. I'd tipped it out onto the veg garden, fortunately, but the urn itself was a riot of blue and green and furry lumps inside. (not to be confused with the black rubbery slimy lumps)

Bugger Bribie! I've done the same but with the mash tun! YUCK!!!!

Done the same a few weeks ago except I left the grains in the mash tun 1 week and went away for work thought there was something dead down stairs when I got home and the hops/hopsock where left in the kettle for about two weeks with the last litre of wort, all the different kinds of growths was quite amazing really and an absolute bitch to clean those black dots off the hopsock, heaps of bleach, napisan and boiling water and the sock has been on the clothesline for the last week.

@ Chap Chap, mate was bored at the airport yesterday, delayed 2.5 hours. man I hope that is your mobile number :D . Hope you have a good brewday mate I'm stuck with reno duties but I will manage to fit my new falsie to my new mash tun this arvo as I work on "house Stuff" in the back shed this arvo.
Will be mking a Youngs special London Ale Clone tonight as part of the big brew day. Might even slip in another apa tmorow.
Best of luck with yours

Brad

Butters you really shouldn't post self portraits it's not your style....

Ok XXXX clone is dropped and in the fermenter and Viennna has had it's protein rest and now Sacci'

Chappo

Now Im annoyed that is shameful! Not cleaning up on brew day...

Butters you nearly made me throw....

Latest posts

Back