Open Invite To Chappo's Biggest Brew Day (brissy)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chappo1970

Piss off or Buy Me A Beer
Reaction score
Fellow Brewers, Non Brewers and Sully.

I will be holding my "Australia's Biggest Brew Day 2009" effort at "Chappo Manor" this weekend Saturday the 25th. It will be a great day full of my usual stuff ups, dramas and probably me kicking the daylights out of "Sherman" the brew rig. Worth the effort especially if I loose the plot at least once with the mash paddle in my hand! It would be great for anyone interested in learning how not to brew or those wanting to see AG brewing for the first time. Anyway I will be providing a few BBQ snags and other tid bits for lunch. So just bring yourself some samples of your home brews (No Commercial Beers Please It's All About Our Beer) and some nibblies to munch on throughout the day.

I will be attempting to do 5 double batches (42lt) for the day or 210lt of wort. So it you want to be in on some of Chappo's AG goodness ( :icon_vomit: ) let me know as it will cost you only a $1 per litre donation to the cause to do so. It's bloody good deal fella's! $21 for 21lts of fresh wort. I'll be putting Ross out of business... :ph34r:

Recipes will be:

1. Vienna Lager
  2. XXXX Bitter Lager Clone
  3. Little Critters Bright Ale Clone
  4. Oktoberfest
  5. English Mild
Time: 8am (First Dough-in)
Finish: Midnight drunk on the brewery floor
Place: Bethania Qld (Near Beenleigh)

I will PM attendees with my address and phone numbers this Friday.

Attending:

1. Chappo
  2. Yves
  3. Hallsy
Want in on some fresh wort:

Cheers

Chappo

I'm in!

Not sure about the fresh wort yet... very tempting

Thanks Chappo!

Sorry can't make it . I've got Sat. off but it's a 'sandwich' day as I'm working Fri and Sun. However here's an idea:

I'll be brewing on that day so why not post one of your recipes for the day and I'll do a BIAB version (or as near as poss, I have heaps of spec malts, some Golden Promise Ale and some Galaxy Pilsener and boy do I have wice wice and more wice ) and we'll have a taste off at the next BABBs meeting if the beers are ready by then?

:beerbang:

I wish I were closer Chappo, I would be there. It would be great to learn a few more stuff ups, brew days just aren't the same without them. Now just remember to close the taps. :p

Cheers
Gavo.

there must be more people interesting in this.... come on guys!

Damn, I wish i was still living in Brissy. Best of luck Chappo. Would love to attend, but it's a bit far for Bowie to make the trek up. Hope all goes well. :)

Cheers
Bowie :icon_cheers:

chuck in a return flight from adealide and I'll be happy to join you :p
or alternatively a 1 way flight and I'll send butters up there for you to keep :ph34r:

hope the day is a good 1 chappo

I'll be there in spirit... they're sending me to Melbourne...
Bugger!

Damn shame you lads can't make it for this as it's gunna be a hoot!

BribieG that's a brilliant idea :icon_cheers: , I'll PM the recipes over to ya tonight! Might I suggest the XXXX Clone?

Anybody else willing to be a guinea pig? I let you drive "Sherman"!

Chappo

wow 1 buck a litre, ive got 3 empty fermentors and i can see three great recipies.

Beenliegh is exit 65 right ??? is that gold coast beenliegh ? or somewhere years away ?

Hmm im supposed to be helping at the heritage rally at pimpama, only 2 exits away.

How about ordering some fresh wort from you in the afternoon ?

Up to you Freemasha but the train station is less than that 2 mins drive...

Also Little BoPeep is hopefully coming along

12801.jpg

Pssst! Sully don't let the noobs to Chappo Manor know all the secrets FFS! :ph34r:

Chap Chap

Great work Chappo, its awesome to see people with old fashioned values i.e. helping his fellow man/home brewer.

I wish I lived near by because I'd be first through the gate, but I'm more cut about not being able to meet Little BoPeep... LOL

All the best and I expect to see plenty of action photos in the gallery shortly after.

Cheers
Carboy :icon_cheers:

Back