Quantcast

Online recipe storage

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

Chull

Reaction score
Just wondering how you guys store recipes, I'm looking to store mine online but want to be able to access them anywhere anytime, from a PC, iPhone or iPad!

Cube

SAY MY NAME, BITCH
Reaction score
Box, Drop Box, iCloud etc etc

bum

Not entitled to an opinion
Reaction score
Simple ol' Gmail works pretty good for such things. Assuming you just mean text files of some description, of course.

If you want some application that will do the recipe generationy stuff across all those platforms you're probably gonna have to make it yourself.

AndrewQLD

RED ON WHITE IPA
Reaction score
BeerSmith has a Cloud feature to store your recipe files online, you can access them from any computer as a web page or download them to any computer as a beersmith .bsmx file.

BeerSmithrecipe

Phoney

Reaction score
AndrewQLD said:
BeerSmith has a Cloud feature to store your recipe files online, you can access them from any computer as a web page or download them to any computer as a beersmith .bsmx file.

BeerSmithrecipe
Its a shame it's not integrated into the software.

cremmerson

Reaction score
I use Evernote (free app). Document can be modified on phone, tablet, PC - a handy feature for when I'm researching and designing a recipe. (Which I'm doing for the first time).

I also use it for my brewing observations, tasting note and "lessons". It's a good way of keeping everything together and searchable.

AndrewQLD

RED ON WHITE IPA
Reaction score
phoneyhuh said:
Its a shame it's not integrated into the software.
It is, there's a cloud folder on the left hand side of the screen when you open beersmith, any recipe that you add to the folder is automatically uploaded to the cloud site and stored in your profile.
Any recipes on the site that you want for yourself can be stored in your cloud profile and when you open BeerSmith they will download to your cloud folder automatically.

jberries

Reaction score
I use the spreadsheet app in google drive (google documents).

bum

Reaction score
AndrewQLD said:

BeerSmithrecipe
Wow. That's pretty cool. I assumed the cloud storage advertised when the new version came out would be in-application.

Thanks for the correction.

AndrewQLD

RED ON WHITE IPA
Reaction score
It's also great for brew day when integrated with beersmiths mobile phone app, no more running back and forth between the house computer and the shed to record details.

Mick74

Reaction score
The only problem is you can only store 10 recipes with a free account. It'll be good when they have a fully functional beersmith app that you can create as well as view recipes.

AndrewQLD

RED ON WHITE IPA
Reaction score
Basic free account gives you 15 free recipe storage, although I agree it would be nice to have a free account with more space $9.99 for a year with 125 spots is something I can handle.

Mick74

Reaction score
Ah, I'm living in the past then! It was 10 when they launched it. Hopefully it will keep growing - I'm a bit of a tightarse and for the price of the software I'd expect to be able to save at least 50 recipes for free.

WarmBeer

Unhappy camper
Reaction score
You don't really know the true cost of online storage, do you? Google have skewed the game in their own favour by providing near limitless fail safe storage for free, but you can't use that for commercial purposes. I consider ten bucks per year good value, if you're making use of it.

bum

Reaction score
I like Drive okay but I find it is a prick to use with non-native files. Especially with the new interface they added for them last week. Awful.

peas_and_corn

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I cannot mash that
Reaction score
Like forcing you to 'preview' a pdf before you can open it? That is a PITA

bum

Reaction score
But the "preview" shows you the whole thing anyway. I have no idea what they are doing. Google are normally UI BOSSES but they screwed the pooch on this one.

Latest posts