Online Ordering Nz Hops

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeF

Reaction score
Just had some US Yakima Valley hops arrive and I'm looking to get a bulk NZ order next - Zythos, Riwaka, Rakau, NS etc..

Does anyone have any good links to NZ site that ship over here at good prices?

Cheers

Just had some US Yakima Valley hops arrive and I'm looking to get a bulk NZ order next - Zythos, Riwaka, Rakau, NS etc..

Does anyone have any good links to NZ site that ship over here at good prices?

Cheers

You wont get Riwaka. No one has any due to commercial brewers buying up for the season and word is that next year only us kiwis get it.

Brewerscoop are where I buy from when the local doesnt have what I need. Also brewshop.co.nz as my local. Not sure weather either ship intl though.

All the hops in NZ are handled by a single "desk" like our wheat used to be. Mate brought me some hops back from Nelson recently, good value at $5A per 100g foil, but probably not worth paying postage on top of that, best order from Sponsors etc. I emailed a HB Supplier in Nelson who claims to be the biggest in NZ, didn't reply.

The hop growing area in the South Island is relatively small compared to Cascadia and I guess they are mostly focussed on commercial varieties, home brewers would be very small fish indeed.

I was under the impression that Zythos is a proprietary blend that originates in the U.S.

I was under the impression that Zythos is a proprietary blend that originates in the U.S.

Yes, I think you're right pimpsqueak - my bad. It's just on the 'list'! I can get that from nikobrew anyway.

Has anyone tried their hops out? Prices are pretty good...

We can get NZ hops in Aus through Ellerslie ect cheaper than the homebrewers there can get them.

I have a mate over there who told me so last week after looking at some aussie prices.

We can get NZ hops in Aus through Ellerslie ect cheaper than the homebrewers there can get them.

I have a mate over there who told me so last week after looking at some aussie prices.

Not wrong there. Also have much easier access to the US hops than us. NZ hops is mainly in charge of what we get and we have only just got Warrior in the country for the first time in the 6months I have brewed for. EKG has come in too but Im sure thats not the first time its been around just really rare as is the Santium hops. I had to buy from CB just to track down galaxy and Citra. I wish we had those hops in NZ and we are using Zythos instead of Amarillo as we would have to order that from your side of the ditch also... I could go on but I think you guys get how lucky you are with the hops situation =)

Punkin, so have you bought NZ hops from Ellerslie? Unless they have revamped their product range recently this is their list and nothing from NZ:

ellerslie_2.JPG

Currently using NZ Goldings, Hallertau Aroma, Willamette brought back by my mate at $5 per 100g just bought from a LHBS.

The diff being from nz you have the option of buying flowers. Worth it imo if you can find one that does them. I'm still using the kilo of cascade flowers I got after 3 brews and some hop swap. It's certainly convenient to have a brick of hops for 30 kiwi pesos.

The diff being from nz you have the option of buying flowers. Worth it imo if you can find one that does them. I'm still using the kilo of cascade flowers I got after 3 brews and some hop swap. It's certainly convenient to have a brick of hops for 30 kiwi pesos.

NZ flowers are available here.

So what NZ variaties do Ellerslie sell? Cant see any on the web page.
Daz

seems more questions than answers, I've also been looking for a decent bulk price on NZ hops with little luck.

Being reluctant to buy small 100g quantities, I have been searching for somewhere to get 1kg each of Citra & Motueka for a price better than homebrew retail. It appears that NZ hops are not common with USA wholesalers. Any ideas?

Hopco have both, but they only deal in 5kg lots.

Being reluctant to buy small 100g quantities, I have been searching for somewhere to get 1kg each of Citra & Motueka for a price better than homebrew retail. It appears that NZ hops are not common with USA wholesalers. Any ideas?

Hopco have both, but they only deal in 5kg lots.

5kg sounds like the optimum for a Bulk Buy!!! :ph34r: or two

On another note,anyone getting ekg plugs direct from the uk?

This is how the Kiwi hops come, these were from a LHBS - I'd suggest that New Zealand Hops Limited have it "vertically integrated" and sewn up tighter than a fish's.

20120617_204226.jpg

Latest posts

Back