Quantcast

Online Chat - Updated

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

dane

Reaction score
UPDATE - the chat server has been moved.

We are now on Ausnet. he key is still pilsner.

Connect to Ausnet in Mirc and type /j #ahb pilsner

Some Ausnet server are:

pacific.nsw.au.austnet.org
paagrio.at.eu.austnet.org
netspace.vic.au.austnet.org
comcen.nsw.au.austnet.org
iinet.wa.au.austnet.org
For more information please visit - Austnet.org

[END UPDATE]

While we are working on getting a new interface/layout for the recipe DB (and getting some merchandise organised.....yes I am still looking into that) I have decided to try and test out the online chat system.

As I discussed earlier the only way to really make this work was to use a java applet so that everyone could connect individually. Anyway no one needs to know the technical stuff.

I will keep a close eye on how this goes - please let me know if there are any problems.

Just make sure you change the default username to your own before you click on connect.

I will try and change it so that is automatically grabs your login and logs you on with that.

For those that are familar with IRC please join #ahb on Ausnet (using a client such as Mirc.

UPDATE - A channel key has been added to keep the channel private. The webchat now has the key encoded in it so you don't have to do anything. If you are using and IRC client you will have to add the key... to join the channel on an IRC client please use : /j #ahb pilsner

THE KEY IS PILSNER.

The webversion of the online chat is HERE

Enjoy! :chug:

big d

Hopaholic
Reaction score
cheers fiscus
im there if all goes well :blink:

dane

Reaction score
Just an update - if people are having problems please tell me what version/brand of Java you are running.

I am running an old versions of Microsoft Java Virtual Machine (which isn't legally downloadable anymore) so the other option is SUN's Java. I know one person is having some problem using the SUN Java so please test and let me know.

big d

Hopaholic
Reaction score
well
that didnt go to well
logged on as big d
this became big d 1 through to 10 then didnt want to no me.
mmmmm try again i guess

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
I'm in now using MS Java (through IE6).
Will try tomorrow from my other notebook running SUN java 1.4.xxx

Looks good but out of the 6000+ users already connect to efnet there is already a Doc :( so tonight I am Doc1.

Doc

dane

Reaction score
Give me a sec Jayse - I'll get a link up.

big d

Hopaholic
Reaction score
aaaaaa
dont tell me there is more than one big d out there in comp land.
maybe i will be big d one million ;) :lol: 1/2

dane

Reaction score
Jayse try this.

Click on the second middle link - the Download J2SE JRE one. Make sure it is JRE and not SDK.

EDIT - Hmmm that JRE is like 15mb (thats a big download). I'll look into some other options for you guys.

UPDATE - OK changed the link. Probs the best solution for the time being. Make sure you select YES when a window appears - will install it all automatically for you

big d

Hopaholic
Reaction score
guys ive just had a session on the chat its a bit here and there at the moment as the comp literate guys are trying to sort it out but should be good with time. bear with them for a while.

cheers
big d

dane

Reaction score
Ok I think the SUN Java users are working now - so the chat should work for everyone. If you don't have JAVA click the link in my previous thread or there is a link on the CHAT page.

Enjoy Guys!

jayse

Black Label Society
Reaction score
I have downloaded it but its still not working.
I try again.

Jayse

jayse

Black Label Society
Reaction score
Still no rabbits.
Iv'e downloaded the one from the link and when i go to chat it still has a pop up for a download and the chat rooms not on the page.

Jayse

dane

Reaction score
Hmm wierd Jayse...what happens? Can connect or you can't get the applet open?

Might have to reboot after SUN JRE install? Check your internet security settings and make sure they are on default.

jayse

Black Label Society
Reaction score
No good still. I have rebooted aswell. Settings are default.
I don't see anything but a blank square where I assume the chat box should come up in on the chat page.

Jayse

deebee

The Bludgeon Brewery
Reaction score
...a few bugs still maybe?

Anyway for me the new chat is great. Good job fiscus.

Much better than the old one. Heaps faster and it doesn't blank out swearing.

dane

Reaction score
Are there any icons down the bottom? like errors? anything like that or just a blank box?

Check in I.E. under tools - options - advanced. About halfway down there is the java section.

What is that on? If you have install that SUN JAVA make sure it is on that and reboot. Maybe try and download the java again (not sure what connection you have but it is 15mb so maybe it didn't finish).

Let me know how you get on?

J

Jovial_Monk

Tried to get into chat tonight, ng

Is that cuz I use a Mac? (OS9, Nav7.02)

dane

Reaction score
JM do you have I.E. to test it with? Deebee is on the chat atm with a MAC and I.E.

jayse

Black Label Society
Reaction score
Just a blank box.
I had java installed but it wasn't coming up in my options tab under advanced.
I'll keep at it.
Iam wondering if i need to update my O.P i have XPpro. On the sie it says XPpro(sevice pack1).

Jayse

Latest posts