One Ear Clamps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've ordered some one ear clamps to try on some of my barbed connections. I haven't used them before and was wondering if there's a special technique or feel to use for gauging the pressure you apply to close them properly? I thought I would be able to buy a special tool that automatically closes various sizes with the right pressure, but the ones listed here are just pincers:
Any info appreciated :icon_cheers: .

I had those clamps supplied with by first kegging setup a few years ago. They are a pain compared to the reusable cobra clamp.

The Oetinger ones basically use the oblique cutters that you linked to, to bring the two sides under the 'flat' together, reducing the size of the clamp. they are single use and the result is the piece of metal sticking out. (the ear?)

The cobra's are reusable and you simply constrict them with a big pair of pliers until a key hole in the outer clicks onto a barb/lump on the inner (if that makes sense). This method means that you know when the clamp has reduced to the correct size.

I had those clamps supplied with by first kegging setup a few years ago. They are a pain compared to the reusable cobra clamp.

The Oetinger ones basically use the oblique cutters that you linked to, to bring the two sides under the 'flat' together, reducing the size of the clamp. they are single use and the result is the piece of metal sticking out. (the ear?)

The cobra's are reusable and you simply constrict them with a big pair of pliers until a key hole in the outer clicks onto a barb/lump on the inner (if that makes sense). This method means that you know when the clamp has reduced to the correct size.
Thanks for that :icon_cheers: .

Latest posts

Back