On TV Tonight: George Harrison- Living in the Material World

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feldon

caveat brasiator
Reaction score
FYI - for musos and music lovers out there, there is a very good doco on the late and great George Harrison on SBS TV at 8:30pm tonight (Melb time - check local guides).

Seen it before and its well done. Makes me glad I was alive at the time of the Beatles. But if you weren't, have a gander anyway. It is a very human story that for better and worse was the foundation for much of the music industry we have today.

(the treatment by Scorese and the music is great too, bye the way)

[SIZE=medium]George Harrison: Living in the Material World [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]8:30pm - 10:10pm[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Genre:Documentary[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Academy Award-winning director Martin Scorsese traces Harrison's life from his musical beginnings in Liverpool through his life as a musician, a seeker, a philanthropist and a filmmaker, weaving together interviews with Harrison and his closest friends, performances, home movies and photographs. With never before seen or heard footage, this documentary offers a rare glimpse into the mind and soul of one of the most talented artists of his generation and a profoundly intimate and affecting work of cinema. The film includes interviews with Eric Clapton, Paul McCartney, Yoko Ono, Tom Petty, Phil Spector, Ringo Starr and Jackie Stewart, who speak honestly and frankly about George's many talents and contradictions.[/SIZE]

Just a reminder, Part 2 is on tonight at 8:30 (this part covers the Beatles breakup through to his death)

I have the DVD - no need for me to watch it on TV, but it's worth the effort to watch it if you haven't seen it.

Latest posts

Back