On Tv Tonight - British "beer" Before Hops

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feldon

caveat brasiator
Reaction score
FYI - there is a doco on TV tonight called 'Our Food' that has brief look at "what British beer was like before the arrival of hops from Europe".

Airs on SBS 1 at 8:30pm in Melbourne (check local TV guides for broadcast time elsewhere - might be different)

This episode looks at food production in Kent, so it will probably look at hop growing too. Not a bad series, last week they looked at Welsh cattle drovers and the centuries old routes they used to take cattle to market in London.

Great high quality show. I had to change my jocks after the guy's session at Shepherd Neame :huh:

I love this guy. Him and that comedian girl did a show called supersizers it was brilliant.

Thought it was great the way he was chugging the beers down wish obese there doing the same. Yummo.

was funny when ol' mate was slamming down those brews at the brewery... enjoyed this, thanks again.

was funny when ol' mate was slamming down those brews at the brewery... enjoyed this, thanks again.
Thirsty work this presenting caper :D
It is refreshing to see a show about beer where the presenter isn't obliged to be a douchbag.

Back