On Tap @ Harts

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our Seasonal is on tap. A small beer, 6.8% alc and 70 Bu's. An IPA of sorts.

Also a nice smoked offering from the Aussie Brewery and Bright kegs arrived yesterday.

Scotty

Tried the Schwartz PA, Smoked IPA, Galaxy IPA, Hefe and the other APA (forgot the name of it, but it was the first one...) when I was up there on the weekend

That smoked IPA is de-friggin-licious. Real nice lingering smokeyness after the initial malty mouthful and a nice (but not overly) hoppy hit. The mrs thoroughly enjoyed it as well which I was surprised by (she loved the quotes around the walls btw)

Similarly, I really enjoyed the schwartz pale ale. Could drink a whole lot of that bad boy if given the opportunity...

As we were having dinner soon after, we got the cajun crocodile for a bit of a nibble to keep us tied over til then and boy was that nice. Didn't get to try the buffalo wings unfortunately but was more than happy with the choice of croc.

Great setup there Scotty and will definitely have to make the trip back up at some stage

Sponge

Hi Scotty,

Never been to Hart's before but plan on checking it out after the cricket on Sun night. What can we expect to see on tap?

Cheers
mosto

Harte is a fantastic little setup, aside from the beers, the little mushrooms that they served as tapas were awesome.
They bring them out still sizzling in the saucepan.

Yes, am horrible for updating this, but i do have an excuse. Too much beer to make to be in the Pub anymore.

Anyways, we have handpumps being installed this week. 2 upstairs and down (same beers). Looking forward to it!

Scotty

Yes, am horrible for updating this, but i do have an excuse. Too much beer to make to be in the Pub anymore.

Anyways, we have handpumps being installed this week. 2 upstairs and down (same beers). Looking forward to it!

Scotty

Great news Scotty! Do you think they'll be ready for testing at the weekend? Research purposes of course!

Bloody hell scotty, I need to get there!!!!!. Im guessing the engine beers will be uk styles?, even more incentive!

Is there a hotel in walking/stumbling distance??, if so tell me!!

Ahh might be just in time for the weekend. Need to be working by the 23rd.

Mark, travelodge on York st ...

Scotty

There's plenty of park benches around the area, Mark.

But on a more serious note, I'll definitely have to make another appearance up there soon Scotty, since last visit was thoroughly enjoyable - and the mrs loved it too which is even better.

And that was without the hand pumps... :icon_drool2:

That's great news. Everytime I go into the city I make sure I go to Harts. It's a shame I only make it in about 4 times a year. Really looking forward to trying hand pulled beer.

I'll be in town Thurs-Sun if anyone is about for a beer. I hope the handpumps are in action come this weekend:)

We actually have some Rocks beers in the 4 Seasons and will have more in coming times, so no need to go anywhere next time, and the hill up to harts sucks balls.

Handpumps up and working, had a members night tonight with 2 kegs drained in 90 mins ... A few mechanical things to fix but they are bolted to the walls so theres no escaping them. The beers will move around, will always be a rocks beer and some of the stuff from Young Henrys, Aussie Brewery, Hunter Beer Co to list a few.

Anyways, upwards and onwards.

Scotty

Sounds awesome. I love handpumped beer.

Have you got the kegs chilled and how are they carbonated?

Well done Scotty. I am looking forward to popping in more. Keep up the good cause. :beer:

Sounds awesome. I love handpumped beer.

Have you got the kegs chilled and how are they carbonated?

We are cheating, its not cask conditioned. We have just over a volume of CO2 left at the end of ferment, we transfer off and into a standard keg. We cannot use firkins from an excise, handling and the cool rooms in Oz being too cold (2c). Beer is coming out at 7C, and the CO2 is for the most part natural, so an Aussie adaptation ...

Scotty

Regardless, sounds freaking delicious, 7 degree beer at 1 volume, with that handpump churn... :icon_drool2:

I'll be there next week.

Thanks for the explanation!

Latest posts

Back