Old Coca-Cola Kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony121

Reaction score
Hello All,

I have two old Coca-Cola Kegs that I picked up 10+ years ago during my first stint at home brewing. Now I have started again, I pressure tested both of them to see what I need to do to get them operational again. One appears tight, the other is leaking from the pressure relief valve.

My question is; Does anyone know where I can get a new PRV or parts in general for these?

I have spent plenty of time searching the internet and have called numerous suppliers without any luck. Best advice I received to date is to use a stainless bolt to plug it up and pray for no explosions.

The only manufacturer mark I can find on the keg is a "Rheem" stamp on the rubber base.

Pictures below:

IMG_9472.jpgIMG_9473.jpgIMG_9474.jpgIMG_9476.jpg

Any information would be appreciated.

Thank you AJS154, will try the sponsors as you suggest.

Sorry, should have clarified - I am OK for seals as an O ring supplier I use for work can source most things, it is the pressure relieve valve I have struggled to find.

That PRV is a Turret, (Andale is their agent), problem is they are the most expensive PRV on the market, they aren't serviceable, but do often respond to a good clean out.
There was an insert that adapted it to another style that is serviceable, I think Ambar Technology might have made them.
Mark

I've got one from a newer coke keg... you might need a new o ring for it. Ill let it go for $20.

AJS2154 said:
Just amazes me how much quality advice and assistance is on this site. Looks like you are set, Tony.
Agree, it is definitely a great place for information as people are always happy to help.

ctagz said:
I've got one from a newer coke keg... you might need a new o ring for it. Ill let it go for $20.
Sounds good, where are you located?

Latest posts

Back