Old Cider

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philw

Reaction score
My MiL was cleaning up a bit and going through and sorting out stuff from her late husbands stuff ( has taken her 14 years to get in to it and that is after my Mrs and I have offered to start helping out when she was ready )

we found this a case of Mercury Cider and a few extra bottles that he got when he would travel to Tasmania to do mainance on light houses

anyone know what this would be like after 25 years or more ( as it would be that old)

web.jpg

web.jpg

my guess is, after 25 years it would be old...ha ha ha
rip one open and try it, might be awesome, but I believe most likely will taste like vinegar poured from a pigs arse...

I think it should be ok, cider is just like wine really. Being medium sweet, if it had got an infection the bottles would have exploded. I would be curious whether there was still carbonation.

I'd be guessing more than 25 years too.

How long would have companies dual labelled volumes?

How was it stored?

I'd have a crack at it! Bung one in the freezer, let it chill down before you change your mind! :lol:

None the less, sounds like a very good score! If the cider is shit, atleast you have some tallies.

Please post your tasting results!

_wallace_

thanks guys,

will grab one next time I am there and see what it is like.

don't normally drink Cider so tasting results might not be the best hehe

anyone know what this would be like after 25 years or more ( as it would be that old)

Give it a crack. If it tastes like vinegar, tip them all out and refill with one of your own creations.

Let us know how you go.

Book my ticket and I'll be down there like a rocket. :icon_cheers:

Latest posts

Back