Oktoberfest/schwarzbier

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

CraftBrewer
Reaction score
While trying out my newly kegged Oktoberfests & Schwarzbiers, I mixed the 2 50/50 for a taste test - bloody gorgeous... Would this fit close to a recognised style by any chance? :chug:

A very popular combination is a mix of the 10 and 11 grade beers, called rezane (cut) beer. Unlike black and tan beers, in this case the beers are mixed, not layered.
http://www.epinions.com/content_1022861444

Forgot what this was called hence a quote thanks to google.This was common in the Czech Rep even served at the Budvar Brewery when we had a look around this year. Usually a 50/50 mix of what was called Dark Lager and Light(as in colour) Lager. The Dark Lager was more brown than black and the Lager would be in the Pilsner style though.

Ross said:
While trying out my newly kegged Oktoberfests & Schwarzbiers, I mixed the 2 50/50 for a taste test - bloody gorgeous... Would this fit close to a recognised style by any chance? :chug:
[post="88174"][/post]​

I think it has the making of a Carbrook Octoschwarz festbier. You say it is gorgeous so it must taste good as well...

Cheers :beer:
PeterS....

Back