Oktoberfest Party Ideas

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moad

Reaction score
Im thinking long tables, steins (might have to make them half size) appropriately styled beers (looking for recipes) pork knuckles and sausages, dindles and lederhosen.

Its my 30th in April so plenty of time to plan a themed party, anyone got some ideas?

Mattwa said:
You definitely need Pretzels.
And girls with big hooters in said dirndles that have plunging necklines. You also need an irresponsible service of alcohol policy.
Dont forget the mustard.

Going to say Aldi has to be the first stop, good cheese kransky's cheaper than most.

German mustard (senf) can be found at international deli's or sometimes Aldi sell it also.

Noticed Aldi have started selling frozen pretzels also but haven't tried them yet.

A good one for the non beer lovers (heathens) is a radler, which is just the German name for shandy essentially. 50/50 mix of beer and lemonade.

And don't forget schnapps, peach is a friendly (see sneaky) flavour.

Sauerkraut, schnitzel, om pah music! I'm not sure where you are but a ahem, research visit, to hofbrauhaus should definitely be on the cards. Awesome place.

Oh schnitzel, how could I miss that...

Traditional schnitzel at Oktoberfest is pork with cranberry sauce and a lemon wedge. Very tasty.. Also half a roast chicken with absolutely nothing else on the plate is normal too.

Tahoose said:
Oh schnitzel, how could I miss that...

Traditional schnitzel at Oktoberfest is pork with cranberry sauce and a lemon wedge. Very tasty.. Also half a roast chicken with absolutely nothing else on the plate is normal too.
YES!

the whole bbq/roast chicken i had when there with nothing else on the plate, while completely trashed, was the best one i'd ever eaten

We're going to have pork-knuckles, sauerkraut, beer, sweet-mustard, bretzels, strudel. Maybe not in that order.

Planning on cooking the knuckles sous vied in the brewing kettle for ~ 30 hours, then finishing them in a wood fired oven for crackling.

Although we're waiting until October proper, not late-September.

Mr Wibble said:
We're going to have pork-knuckles, sauerkraut, beer, sweet-mustard, bretzels, strudel. Maybe not in that order.

Planning on cooking the knuckles sous vied in the brewing kettle for ~ 30 hours, then finishing them in a wood fired oven for crackling.

Although we're waiting until October proper, not late-September.
Oktoberfest starts in mid/late September and ends in early October so there's no problem having Oktoberfest in September.

Mr wibble that sounds incredible. I craved pork knuckle for years until I got back over there again.

How could I forget pretzels...

Would be good if anyone doing an Oktoberfest party this year could post some photos up here.

Most importantly, does anyone have a good Oktoberfest recipe? Never lagered before so will be a good chance to try

Hey does anyone have any games or activities ideas for an Oktoberfest party, trying to think of things other than drinking and eating for 12 hours

After an hour or so you'll dream up some pretty fun games all by yourselves

I am inviting a group of girls who have a reputation to dirty dance.

Google nagelspielen or the nail game. We had it at our Oktoberfest for two years now. Good for a laugh.

Corn hole toss is also popular at Oktoberfest parties in the usa.

Latest posts

Back