Oktoberfest - Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarneyG

Reaction score
Hey Fella's,

Does anyone whether or not the Oktoberfest is on at the Melbourne Show Grounds this year? And is it any good? :chug:

Im pretty sure its at the show grounds. Ive never been so I cant say what itl be like, but Ill be going this year!

I went a few years ago...

Is it good..........YOU BET !

DO NOT take a vehicle or dickhead mates...

Its a HUGE day/Night ....... DO NOT arrange to go to work the day after....

only problem... if this is a problem you get mega swill drinkers getting so pissed, starting fights spewing etc and it was very expencive....

other than that good fun, but dont expect good beers.

eg large surves of VB at $$$$$$= Aussie Oct fest ..... sad really

They serve VB? Thats a bit wrong. I thought they had DAB dortmunder or something? Any ideas on how much a stein of beer is?

they reckon on the site its been postponed till next year.
How do you postpone an event like that :blink: . You think they could host it somewhere else.
http://www.melboctfest.com/

cheers

Yeah I just read that too! At least I can study hard for my exams now.

Look's like the show grounds dont like the trouble of the whole event <_< The brew awards was rubbish this year, I'll have to be on the hunt for another good beer festival.

If melb brew clubs were to get together a submission to the organising committee, which could include things they'd like to see e.g. more international brewers, more small breweries, less megaswill, less morons etc. I'm sure they would at least listen.
To clinch the deal though they would have to come up with some ideas for maximising profits. The presence of CUB (the evil empire) and the megaswill-drinking morons has only come about due the amount of revenue they each provide.
Alternatively, and here is the real plus, an amalgamation of melb brew clubs and like-minded sponsers may choose to hold their own Octoberfest. Remember that these things always start off on a small scale, 100+ visitors for the day/arvo would be considered a roaring success. Also the present Oct'fest committee appear to be running out of steam. Holding over the event for some minor reason speaks for itself.
The term Octoberfest is generic so there would be no legal trouble there. That only leaves CUB. Would the evil empire allow such an event to flourish? Personally I would get involved purely because I enjoy "kicking against the pricks", to quote the bible.

Back