Oktoberfest Hops

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batz

Batz Brewery...Hand crafted beers from the 'Batcav
Reaction score
I have the grains mashing now and just found out I don't have any Hallertauer left ! :angry:

What can I subistute?

Or am I going to have an "interesting" hop prifile :blink: :unsure:

I guess that depends on what other hops you have. Do you have any Hallertau derived ones? Like Crystal or Vanguard? I think these varieties can be substituted quite well for hallertau.

Yes
Doc's promash

32gm 23.5 IBU @ 45min
16gm 3.5 IBU@ 15min

After consulting my hop specification chart.......the following would work for you....

crystal, glacier, hersbrucker , Liberty , northern brewer , Mount hood, Perle , Saaz , santiam , Spalt , tettnanger .

Any of these in your cupboards matey.....

Thanks G.I.

Fonnd 23gm of Hallerauer and I have Northern Brewer ( I believe that's very close )

Saaz is a great hop but not to sure about this beer , may give a nice flavour if
used sparingly

Yeah Saaz in not really the go...only if u had nothing else.

The northern brewer is better for bittering but can be used for late additions....it has a high alpha acid of 7-10%....but is quite a neutal hop..and as you say is close to hallertau....looks like u are set Batz...happy brewing...

very intrested in your recipie....i'am planning a double decoction today with a 2kg half munich half pilsner partial mash....going to take a while.....
cheers

well it's brewed now

Green Iguana said:
After consulting my hop specification chart.......the following would work for you....

crystal, glacier, hersbrucker , Liberty , northern brewer , Mount hood, Perle , Saaz , santiam , Spalt , tettnanger .

Any of these in your cupboards matey.....

green iguana if you can get glacier in oz let me know please
also very interested in liberty,mount hood,perle,santium and spalt.

cheers
big d
apparently glacier rocks
hop varieties

my first quote.slightly stuffed up by adding my query to the quote but i now have the jist of how its done.

Hey here big D.....

Haven't tracked down any glacier....however i have been using spalt and perle which i order through a wholesaler in queensland...they are great hops varieties.....

GI

where would one get this hop specification chart you speak of?

Back