Oktoberfest Brisbane 2012

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diggs

Reaction score
Confirmed for 2nd and 3rd weekends of October.

Didn't go in 2011 but in 2010 is was a pretty piss poor affair from memory.

Anyone else going to go?

I've got a mate over from Canada that loves a beer or two, so I am kinda committed regardless :D

2010 Was the year that it pissed down wasn't it? Is that what you are referring to as a piss poor effort?

Most years that I have been it has been great..... I actually prefer it at the German Club compared to the Ekka as the Ekka tends to get the hot heads that are just there to get maggot and cause trouble.

Camo

Yeah, pissed down Camo but beer selection was limited and weak for what I would expect at Oktoberfest.

That being said I might have had quite a few of said rainy, limited beers.

I'd definitely recommend the German Club event, they serve more beer than just Paulaner and Bitburger.

Reviving an old thread with dates for the German Club Octoberfest - 5th and 6th October this year.
I'm considering going on the Friday night to avoid the massive crowd on Saturday, but it is traditional to watch NickB have his shoe stolen on the Saturday afternoon ;)

Reviving an old thread with dates for the German Club Octoberfest - 5th and 6th October this year.
I'm considering going on the Friday night to avoid the massive crowd on Saturday, but it is traditional to watch NickB have his shoe stolen on the Saturday afternoon ;)

I think I'll be off to work that weekend :angry: Otherwise I'm in and hell we can steal nicks shoe Friday night, it's just a change in tradition.

Perhaps they don't ring those little f&c&ing bells on Friday nights. I still have nightmares.

I'm in I go to the Swains fishing the weekend after so that should get me in condition :icon_vomit:

Yes !!
After the dissapointment of missing last year for work I was hoping it would be that weekend as I'm off work (and off the wagon apparently)
When do the tickets go on sale ?

I'm in NZ that whole week, of course!

Third year in row I'll be missing out on this... Must be some sort of record, maybe someone can make up a nice certificate for me or something?

Third year in row I'll be missing out on this... Must be some sort of record, maybe someone can make up a nice certificate for me or something?

You'll make up for it over there, great micros all over the country.

Make sure you go here

http://thetwistedhop.co.nz/latest-news/

Open again after the earthquake, and do the tour. I didn't know about it but cried enough for them to find the brewer and give a personal tour. :p

Damm it Florian, I had money on you outpointing Campbell in the chicken dance competition :angry:

Any idea if there is any Oktoberfest related activities on the Gold Coast? I heard rumors of MT Brewery doing one but after my last visit I won't be going back there.

Is the Gold Coast German Club even still there? Last time I drove past there was a Maccas there instead :lol:

Damm it Florian, I had money on you outpointing Campbell in the chicken dance competition :angry:

Oh no the chicken dance, I vaguely remember doing that.

head_hurts.jpg

You'll make up for it over there, great micros all over the country.

Make sure you go here

http://thetwistedhop.co.nz/latest-news/

Open again after the earthquake, and do the tour. I didn't know about it but cried enough for them to find the brewer and give a personal tour. :p

I won't be seeing any breweries as I'm staying fairly remote at my mum's up north, but we usually stop at a 'Deli' just off the highway out of Auckland which has about every kiwi craft beer there is in stock. Then it's just enjoying the views, food and kayak fishing for a week, kids taken care of.

Sorry mate, but I can put you in contact with a few German's with some serious chicken dance skills if you're still up for the challenge.

not trying to be trouble but from past german fistings it does help if you are allready a member of de club. i always forget to renew, they did let you join on the night a few years back but lately they dont . friday night is the only time to attend too really get crazy..... but best to get in as early as pos ... the line can hurt but the jager sluts do heal it once inside :p

not trying to be trouble but from past german fistings it does help if you are allready a member of de club. i always forget to renew, they did let you join on the night a few years back but lately they dont . friday night is the only time to attend too really get crazy..... but best to get in as early as pos ... the line can hurt but the jager sluts do heal it once inside :p
Better check my membership card, can you renew online or have to visit?

Latest posts

Back