Oktoberfest At Fairfield This Weekend

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Wadey

Reaction score
What about THIS!

Oktoberfest 2004

Saturday 2nd October 11.00am - 11.00pm
Sunday 3rd October 11.00am - 11.00pm
Monday 4th October 11.00am - 6.00pm
Fairfield Showground, Smithfield Road, Prairiewood.

Free shuttle buses from Fairfield and Cabramatta train stations to and from the Showground on all 3 days. Plus free carparking at the Showground.

The 33rd Oktoberfest will open on Saturday, October 2nd when German-Austrian club president, Walter Schmied taps the first barrel of beer at 4.30pm.

For further information call the German-Austrian Club on 9728 7724 between 9am and 3pm daily

According to http://www.germanaustriansoc.com.au/Oktoberfest.html
past years have attracted crowds of up to 30,000 people and weather won't be a problem as there is on-site cover for at least 8,000 revellers.

Dare you miss it!!

All the best,
Pete

I've been a number of times over the past years.
However the last couple of years I went the people and culture it was attracting has turned me off it.
I was hoping to get along to the Oktoberfest that is held at St.Ives showground. I missed it last year, but have not been able to find out any details on it for this year.
Anyone know any details ?

Beers,
Doc

Hey Doc what's the selection of beer like at this one? The usual commercial influx to attract the swillers or does it have something a little bit different?

They used to have a good selection of German and Austrian beer but it has wavered a little in the last few years.
Steins (although now 500ml and plastic) are generally fulled with DAB.
You have also been able to get a few others from the stalls like Goesser as well as schnapps etc.
Didn't go last year so not sure what the selection was like.

Beers,
Doc

last year was just dab on tap i think, plus others in the bottle. although they sell out by the end. Its not too bad, the food there is pretty bloody good though.

thought this would be inspiring for oktoberfest B)

oktogirl.jpg

Bobby said:
the food there is pretty bloody good though.
The food is what always wins me over at most German restaurants. Big pork knuckles, sauerkraut, katoffelpoofers (sp?).
mmmmmmmm

Doc

try the berenzten sour apple schnapps. very nice.

Doc,
Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy it.
Just curious what this culture was that you were referring too.
Would have thought the beer too pricey for the yobs.
I understand why they do it, but I hate drinking from plastic.
Wonder if any AHB members could be spied retrieving the 500ml empties from the recycling bins?

Roach,
That's a poor specimen of a barmaid. Shouldn't the counterweights be on the back so that more jugs could be carried at the front? :)

Regards,
Pete

Latest posts

Back