Oiling Me Pump

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sim

Reaction score
Would anyone like to tell me just how easy it is to oil a march pump, and how naughty i am for not having done this after 50 odd brews?

I was recirculaing some cleaning solution through it the other day and the pump was really quite warm after only 10mins or so (the solution was ambient temperature). Does that sound like she's gettin a bit dry?

Cheers

They always run warm to hot sim, especially at the temps we run liquors through them. There's two arrows on the label I think, pointing to the oil holes.

cool, il get some oil in there, but nothing to cancel brew day over i asumed.

Thanks!

Would anyone like to tell me just how easy it is to oil a march pump, and how naughty i am for not having done this after 50 odd brews?

I was recirculaing some cleaning solution through it the other day and the pump was really quite warm after only 10mins or so (the solution was ambient temperature). Does that sound like she's gettin a bit dry?

Cheers

With things like powered pumps, or rotational load bearings i would do something like a good home service every 3 months or so for a quick check & oil. Check for any loose metal shavings too while your at it.

Sorry I have not been on in a while , but here are the instructions for the oiling of the pump.

LUBRICATION:​
The motor should be oiled at least once

a year at the start of the heating season with 4 or 5 drops of​
SAE 20 weight non-detergent oil in each bearing. If the​
pump is used year around it should be oiled every six​
months. Do not over oil. No oiling is required on the ball​
bearing motors.

Latest posts

Back