Oh Sugar! Did I Just Ruin A Perfectly Good Cider.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sugarfree

Reaction score
Hi all,
I started boiling up some ginger, chilies, ginger powder, dark brown sugar and cinnamon to add to a Coopers Ginger Bear Kit.
In my haste, i accidentally added a can of Black Rock Cider!! (not reading the label... derrrr) :blink:

So have i just made 22L of brown swamp water, or should i press on and see what happens?

Hi all,
I started boiling up some ginger, chilies, ginger powder, dark brown sugar and cinnamon to add to a Coopers Ginger Bear Kit.
In my haste, i accidentally added a can of Black Rock Cider!! (not reading the label... derrrr) :blink:

So have i just made 22L of brown swamp water, or should i press on and see what happens?

CARRY ON !!! You could end up with Ginger Bear, Polar Bear or even Panda Bear, you won't know till you fermented it - black bear is even a possibility.

Best way to find out if it is ruined is ferment it and taste it in a couple of weeks. ;)

Best way to find out if it is ruined is ferment it and taste it in a couple of weeks. ;)
Thats the annoying thing about brewing, you have to wait 4 weeks before you find out that you stuffed up...bugger! :icon_drunk:

CARRY ON !!! You could end up with Ginger Bear, Polar Bear or even Panda Bear, you won't know till you fermented it - black bear is even a possibility.
Hmmmmm......Maybe i invented a new recipe (or 22L of toilet water...)

I've done ginger beer cider. It's good. But I don't use tins, so your millage may vary.

Well something is definately happening after only 8 hrs.The fermenter is sitting 5' above room temperature and the pail/lid is all bloated.

Back