Off To The Uk!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbo2234

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am off to the UK in a few weeks any one have any pubs to go visit.

I will be in London, Liverpool and Nottingham.

I have told to check out ye olde trip to Jerusalem in nottingham its englands oldest inn.

any tips would be good!

Thanks

Contact billygoat on here, he will sort you out..

Hi all,

I am off to the UK in a few weeks any one have any pubs to go visit.

I will be in London, Liverpool and Nottingham.

I have told to check out ye olde trip to Jerusalem in nottingham its englands oldest inn.

any tips would be good!

Thanks
Cool little pub. Lots of nooks & crannies.
The little inns,pubs & taverns you find all over UK are fantastic. I enjoyed drinking all the obscure ales I'd never heard of.

If you like old pubs, in London Ye old Cheshire Cheese, it was rebuilt after the fire in 1666, or The Mitre, Ely place off Hatton Garden a similar age. In Liverpool The Baltic Fleet is brew pub near the Albert dock, very god beer, drank a few in there before going on the Beatles magical mystery tour, over 2 hours with no toilet.

Plenty of pubs around London with quality beers, depends on what kind of beer your after though? and the atmosphere you desire.

Like petesbrew i really enjoyed all the little guys dotted and hidden around the UK, some great food and interesting real ales.
I have the 2011 CAMRA good beer guide on the shelf, if you want some specific places mentioned in there happy to have a look and put them up if interested?

I found that any pub that had Cask Marque accreditation would have very good real ales, fresh / well handled and if they served food it was of very good quality.

Plenty of pubs around London with quality beers, depends on what kind of beer your after though? and the atmosphere you desire.

Like petesbrew i really enjoyed all the little guys dotted and hidden around the UK, some great food and interesting real ales.
I have the 2011 CAMRA good beer guide on the shelf, if you want some specific places mentioned in there happy to have a look and put them up if interested?

I found that any pub that had Cask Marque accreditation would have very good real ales, fresh / well handled and if they served food it was of very good quality.

I went over before I was a beernerd - just expecting "warm beer" but I was willing to try it.
OMG, the flavours of those ales, pumped from the taps with the big wooden handles. Frickin delicious.

I told a mate recently who was heading over on a few back-back contiki trips to try them. He was the only one on the trip drinking them - everyone saying "WTF are you drinking that shit for?". He raved about one beer in particular, Tribute Cornish Ale.

Oh yeah, and try the black pudding (and the white when you see it) for breakfast. It makes sense!

thanks all,

I suppose I am looking for the old or unusual something with a bit of character, and obviously has to be about the beer! if they brew there own even better!

I went over before I was a beernerd - just expecting "warm beer" but I was willing to try it.
OMG, the flavours of those ales, pumped from the taps with the big wooden handles. Frickin delicious.

I told a mate recently who was heading over on a few back-back contiki trips to try them. He was the only one on the trip drinking them - everyone saying "WTF are you drinking that shit for?". He raved about one beer in particular, Tribute Cornish Ale.

Oh yeah, and try the black pudding (and the white when you see it) for breakfast. It makes sense!

HAH thats hectic, i had that tribute ale in Launceston, there was a conversation over how it was pronounced not like out Launceston, they say it lawnston. Anyway yeah that was a cracking beer, one of the best i had - hence the memory.

The Harp at Covent Garden in London. Great cask ales and CAMRA's pub of the year last year. Go there.

www.harpcoventgarden.com

Beer Advocate has guides & reviews for UK pubs. I used that when I went to London last year.

Everyone raves about the White Horse Inn at Parsons Green. (Just outside the tube station on the Wimbledon Line. Too easy).
I lived just round the corner, and can't believe I didn't use it as a local.
I'm so ashamed of myself. :ph34r:

Back