Off To Holgate!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iralosavic

Reaction score
I'm off to Holgate brewhouse with a mate on the show weekend. Staying overnight in a mountain view room and going on the brewery tour.

I was originally going to Healsville to visit the 3 breweries in that region, but after some initial umming and ahhing, Im feeling pretty good about the change of mind.

I must say I'm rather excited to try the ESB and Porter served via beer engine!

Just a casual post to vent my excitement. Feel free to comment on your experiences with Holgate.

Cheers​

Holgate, Feral & Epic - never see these Beers on the Goldie :angry:

With good reason I suspect - jealous!

We have just supplied some overhaul kits and check vales for their beer engines and they say that they are pouring better than ever.

Should be great tasting beer ....

Dave

I was there for the first time a couple of weeks ago. The Esb and porter were spectacular!

The food there is just as good, don't need to order any nibbles as the serves are massive!

There was one beer that I tasted that had a big flaw but the rest were all fresh, balanced and very more-ish!

Seems like they are doing a fantastic job with their setup

Keep us postd on how it went. Might have to take the missus there for a thinly disguised "Romantic weekend" ;)

I'm off to Holgate brewhouse with a mate on the show weekend. Staying overnight in a mountain view room and going on the brewery tour.

I was originally going to Healsville to visit the 3 breweries in that region, but after some initial umming and ahhing, Im feeling pretty good about the change of mind.

Just a casual post to vent my excitement. Feel free to comment on your experiences with Holgate.

Cheers​
*******,.......each time i have passed through there it was the wrong time (open hours,just want to sit at the bar and enjoy) had to settle for take aways at various outlets.....enjoy........cheers....spog..........

The Wife and I made the trip down there 3 weeks ago. Paul, Ian and Nick were fabulous hosts during our stay. Accomodation was great and the food was fantastic too. Highly recommend it! We'll definitely stay again when we can think up half an excuse to travel back down there. Got to sample the Empress and their Nut Brown....all I'll say is keep your eyes peeled for the bottles when they hit the shelves!

Back