October Babbs Meeting

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stl

Reaction score
Hi all,

I assume tomorrow's meeting will be a little quieter than usual with a few members down south for ANHC...

My two free visits are up and I just remembered Ross said to get a membership application form to him before the meeting but he won't be there anyway. Can anyone tell me who on the committee I should get the form to (i.e. who isn't in Melbourne)? Also I guess I should front up with some cash..?

cheers,
Steven.

Steven, rock up tomorrow with completed membersh form and cash in hand and give it to Secretary Neil or Storeman Chris. They will be running to show.

HD

Do new members have to pay full annual or is it pro rata for new chums?

Full Membership up till end of December then Pro rata Jan - Jun. Renewals after tomorrow double fee, wash up duty every meeting and thirty lashes. <_<

While we're at it:

How many beers are we allowed to enter into the mini comp?

Florian

Thanks! Will taste them tonight and see which one fits the guidelines the most.

Good to see there is at least one other member who decides the style they brewed to after tasting :D
One to fess up. I'm sure there's plenty more.Me included.(That's three Hah!)
I guess in the end good beer is good beer and the rest gets sorted along the way.
I've tried to slot beers into close or similar styles to what I've aimed to brew but scores show you cant pull the wool with these guys. The way it should be too, to make better beer.
Saying that its great to get the feed back even though a beer is not quite up to medal status.
Another reason I reckon these mini comps are so good.
Looking forward to tomorrow night. :icon_cheers:
Daz

One to fess up. I'm sure there's plenty more.Me included.(That's three Hah!)
I guess in the end good beer is good beer and the rest gets sorted along the way.
I've tried to slot beers into close or similar styles to what I've aimed to brew but scores show you cant pull the wool with these guys. The way it should be too, to make better beer.
Saying that its great to get the feed back even though a beer is not quite up to medal status.
Another reason I reckon these mini comps are so good.
Looking forward to tomorrow night. :icon_cheers:
Daz

Did you succeed in getting there Daz?
Sorry about not extracting you from the Brewhouse.
Will definately be there next month.

He got there, small crowd actually.

Very surprising considering only 16 or so members were at ANHC.

Missed Thursday as it was the only Thursday I was rostered to work in the last 6 months. Maybe they're trying to sober me up or something <_< - went to P.U.B.S on the Tuesday - great little brew club, highly recommended for Northside brewers to pop in.

Did you succeed in getting there Daz?
Sorry about not extracting you from the Brewhouse.
Will definately be there next month.

Yeh, eventually got there. Only had three tables of six for judging. Business over & done with pretty quick.
Tried a few of each at the Brewhouse then returned with Scoundrelrougue after the meeting for one or two.
Liked the Schwarz and the Scottish best. Texas Walker no longer there, ATM at least. I was looking forward to that after hearing raves about the "Engine". Oh well it will probably resurface soon enough.
Daz

Definitely be at the November meeting to hear the post mortem on the nats. I'll bring my famous sausage rolls :icon_cheers:

Ditto, apologies for not visiting during the week, but like Bribie & co, certainly hope to in November.

Yes small crowd - 20 but 10 entries in mini-comp. Maybe that heavy late afternoon storm had a few people cleaning up.

HD

FRIDAY THE 26th NOVEMBER.
Bring a plate of food

Cheers Ross

Deleted that post, sorry. Checked the BABBs newsletter.

Working

:( :(

Sickie. ;)

Well, I will... probably needs two days! :D

Edit: Well, rec if you can get it after the fact.

Not an option, currently sicking due to trip and headbang - hence not at case swap either. God does not want me to mingle with other brewers at the moment obviously. <_<

Maybe she is softening me up to announce a different direction she has planned for my life :)

To be sure to be sure, I prayed to Father BribieG and he cured my terminal ingrown toenails ........... now all we need to do is let him die and we can canonise him......... B)

Latest posts

Back