Obama's A Homebrwer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is cool.

Lol, imagine the redhead having a shot at brewing.

Lol, imagine the redhead having a shot at brewing.
Home brewing has traditionally been "woman's work". Masculinisation of home brewing is a very modern occurrence - promoted mostly by men who are forced by their wives to hide their hobby out in the shed.

Wait until next year for regime change, then the Prime Minister will be an Abbott!
Can you actually brew a shandy? :blink:

I remember all the deep-into-the-night 'strategy discussions' that went on to choose the leader's choice of beer and venue, god forbid they had chosen themselves.
icon_picard.gif

That Obama-beer is suspiciously low on production details beyond the 'White House Honey' that went in. K&K rig in the White House? Or the intern bought a Sabco rig?

"The chefs at the White House are said to use "traditional methods" to brew the beer"

I'd hazard a guess that the only involvement Obama had was to buy the kit and ask it be made by the chefs.

Still, good for him! Shame it will be another reason the Republicans will use to vote him out.

Hmmmm. Might have to make a "Ranga Ale" with a strong nose and total lack of balance that'll leave a smoking hole in the ground. Must have lots of carared and a bit of English hops.

Thing is, can it be palatable before the next election?

:blink:

Martin

"The chefs at the White House are said to use "traditional methods" to brew the beer"

I'd hazard a guess that the only involvement Obama had was to buy the kit and ask it be made by the chefs.
The most powerful man in the world doing his own shopping? ... I doubt it.
He likely had an idea to make some beer, then the chiefs and lackeys did everything else.

The most powerful man in the world doing his own shopping? ... I doubt it.
He likely had an idea to make some beer, then the chiefs and lackeys did everything else.

C'mon Wolfy, we all get bored at work sometimes and surf the net and sucumb to the odd purchase online. Probably depends on how you interpret "at the request of President Barack Obama who purchased the homebrewing kit using his personal funds"

Probably depends on how you interpret "at the request of President Barack Obama who purchased the homebrewing kit using his personal funds"
My interpretation was that is simply propaganda specifying that public funds were not used to make alcohol, something that some Americans might object to.

Back