Oak Aged Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Dropped into Amatos at Leichhardt tonight, just for a browse, and walked out ten minutes later with an armfull of grog. Their beer is only available in the coolroom, which is not really conducive to browsing. Anyway... i grabbed a sixer of Schofferhofer Hefeweizen for $20 (not a bad price) and then something else caught my eye (ouch!). Oak Aged Beer made by Innis & Gunn, Edinburgh. Sounded interesting..... Edinburgh ale aged in oak barrels.....Aromas of vanilla and toffee, hints of citrus, with a malty, lightly oaked, palate. I couldn't see a price, but decided to try it anyway. Turned out it cost $8, for a 330ml bottle :blink: . Anyhoo, I've just gotten home and tried it and it's very nice. Dunno about citrus, but it does have a bit of vanilla and toffee taste and an aroma of american oak, reminscent of an oaked chardonnay. I wouldn't mind trying a few more, but at $8 a pop? Has anyone else tried it?

Back