Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
Bugger yet another challenge :p

Beers,
Doc

Oak Aged Arrogant Bastard Ale

Get Ready 'Cause this Bastard's got some serious Wood

Evolution is good. Things change and often change for the better. This year our Arrogant Bastard Ale has changed... more like metamorphasized... into a whole new creation: Oaked Arrogant Bastard Ale! What was once an experiment quickly became a cult classic... now it's here for YOU!

The twist (we always have a twist don't we?) is that it will only be available in the coolest of all packaging: The 3Litre bottle (and a limited number of kegs)! That's right, this year's 3Litre Arrogant Bastard Ale bottle will be filled with Oaked Arrogant Bastard Ale!

Be sure to check out our website for updates on locations, release dates, and other important info like the all-important first growler fill. Remember, this beer has serious wood... just ask your Mom!

Slight

Reaction score
Where can I find AB ales in Melbourne?

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
Slight,

You won't. They don't get imported to Oz :(
So we will have to suffice with the label, and descriptions from US brewers so we can brew it ourselves.

Beers,
Doc

oakedArrogantBastard.gif

RobW

The Little Abbotsford Craftbrewery
Reaction score
Do they age it in barrels or add oak chips?

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
Oak Chips.

From here

With the addition of oak chips, subtle vanilla flavors become apparent and the normally "angry" beer takes on a more "sophisticated" feel. Think of it as Arrogant Bastard Ale all dressed up for a night on the town.
Beers,
Doc

Kai

Fermentation Assistant
Reaction score
3 litre bottles? Tha's marketing masochism gone mad!

nonicman

Slack Brewery
Reaction score
You're not just a Bastard, you're a Bastard with class. Scratch that. You're a Double Bastard with class. This is the glass for you. Printed in Gold Metallic with the telltale interlocking gargoyles on one side and "Double Bastard Ale" printed in script on the other side. Pour a glass with your most Worthy friend or lover, then toast with "To the Double Bastard in me, and the Double Bastard in you." Capacity 10oz
Awesome

mandaloril

Reaction score
a definite plus to living in the states, I lived less then a block from a bar that sold the 3 litres. Can you say spoiled...

Trent

Reaction score
I lived in San Diego for a while where ya could get the bastard in just about every bottlo, and on tap at quite alot of bars. Maybe they should start shipping it out to oz, so Aussies would stop equating american beer with budwieser and coors. Mind you, they'd have to change the name to fat bastard if ya drink too much of it, it certainly is a heavy drop. Good to see they've made the trek east, couldnt get it in New York to save me life 2 years ago. Now ya can though, and I am hoping to convince a NY mate coming out here for xmas to bring me a 3L bottle. Dont like me chances though. Maybe you can send us all a bottle mandaloril??? Lucky bastard.
Trent

mandaloril

Reaction score
How does one ship beer around the world?..I guess just alot of wrapping. I see nothing wrong with shipping it, as long as I don't take a hit, perhaps I need to do some inquiry...Or a brew trade? I'm sure there are some beers in the land of oz that I can't get.