Oak Aged Arrogant ******* Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
Bugger yet another challenge :p

Beers,
Doc

Oak Aged Arrogant ******* Ale

Get Ready 'Cause this *******'s got some serious Wood

Evolution is good. Things change and often change for the better. This year our Arrogant ******* Ale has changed... more like metamorphasized... into a whole new creation: Oaked Arrogant ******* Ale! What was once an experiment quickly became a cult classic... now it's here for YOU!

The twist (we always have a twist don't we?) is that it will only be available in the coolest of all packaging: The 3Litre bottle (and a limited number of kegs)! That's right, this year's 3Litre Arrogant ******* Ale bottle will be filled with Oaked Arrogant ******* Ale!

Be sure to check out our website for updates on locations, release dates, and other important info like the all-important first growler fill. Remember, this beer has serious wood... just ask your Mom!

Slight,

You won't. They don't get imported to Oz :(
So we will have to suffice with the label, and descriptions from US brewers so we can brew it ourselves.

Beers,
Doc

oakedArrogantBastard.gif

Do they age it in barrels or add oak chips?

Oak Chips.

From here

With the addition of oak chips, subtle vanilla flavors become apparent and the normally "angry" beer takes on a more "sophisticated" feel. Think of it as Arrogant ******* Ale all dressed up for a night on the town.

Beers,
Doc

3 litre bottles? Tha's marketing masochism gone mad!

You're not just a *******, you're a ******* with class. Scratch that. You're a Double ******* with class. This is the glass for you. Printed in Gold Metallic with the telltale interlocking gargoyles on one side and "Double ******* Ale" printed in script on the other side. Pour a glass with your most Worthy friend or lover, then toast with "To the Double ******* in me, and the Double ******* in you." Capacity 10oz

Awesome

a definite plus to living in the states, I lived less then a block from a bar that sold the 3 litres. Can you say spoiled...

I lived in San Diego for a while where ya could get the ******* in just about every bottlo, and on tap at quite alot of bars. Maybe they should start shipping it out to oz, so Aussies would stop equating american beer with budwieser and coors. Mind you, they'd have to change the name to fat ******* if ya drink too much of it, it certainly is a heavy drop. Good to see they've made the trek east, couldnt get it in New York to save me life 2 years ago. Now ya can though, and I am hoping to convince a NY mate coming out here for xmas to bring me a 3L bottle. Dont like me chances though. Maybe you can send us all a bottle mandaloril??? Lucky *******.
Trent

How does one ship beer around the world?..I guess just alot of wrapping. I see nothing wrong with shipping it, as long as I don't take a hit, perhaps I need to do some inquiry...Or a brew trade? I'm sure there are some beers in the land of oz that I can't get.

Back