O2 Bottles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pnorkle

Reaction score
Hiya - Have been looking for Bernzomatic O2 bottles online.. they're quite rare in WA. I did get pointed to "Hot Devil" disposable bottles.. does anyone know if they're compatible?
Cheers.

I'm pretty sure they are the same, I was going to get one from supercheap, but then I found a benzomatic a couple of $ cheaper locally

That's interesting, regarding price.. $34 for the HD @ SCA - but one of our LHBS sells Bernzomatic @ $40.

I just got an email while I was typing out the above line - Toolmart have confirmed they are interchangeable - best thing is, they sell the bottles for $27... and are less than 5 minutes from me. Bonus.

How do these compare in capacity to the Tradeflame bottles?

By my calcs, as they don't give the same units of capacity, the tradflame has a net weight of about 140g compared to the Bernzomatic at 40g.

Thats 3.5x more gas for less than twice the price.

The Tradflame bottle has the equivalent of 110L, which should weigh about 140g given oxygen is 754L/kg.

Is that right?

Yeah, sounds about right. And looks like it has the same thread again as the Bernzo/HotDevil.

Latest posts

Back