Nz Beers Coming To The Local Taphouse - On Tap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oztapguy

Reaction score
For those that have sampled (or heard great things about) NZ beers, we're bringing in 8 of New Zealand's finest craft beers on tap (for the first time ever) for our Autumn SpecTAPular beerfest on Anzac Day at both The Local Taphouse in Melbourne and Sydney.

Well match them up with 12 great Aussie beers as well (including some crackers). As is usual practice, we will only have one keg of each beer on the day so get in early..

The lineup so far is as follows:

NEW ZEALAND
1. Pitch Black Stout (Invercargill)
2. Organic Pilsner (Emersons)
3. Golden Ale (Three Boys)
4. Munchner Dunkel (Wigram)
5. IPA (Tuatara)
6. Wobbly Boot Porter (Harringtons)
7. Golden Tusk ESB (Pink Elephant)
8. Stonecutter Scotch Ale (Renaissance)

AUSTRALIA (more coming)
9. Draught Ale (Stone & Wood, NSW)
10. Venom Double IPA (Wig & Pen, ACT)
11. Hop Hog IPA (Feral, WA)
12. Barking Flamingo Framboise (Matilda Bay, VIC)
13. Dirty Angel Porter (Flying Horse VIC)

went to the Local Taphouse in Melbourne on Saturday. Very impressed, some very nice beers, and looks like they change them quite often. Had a great time sampling.

Will have to check out the Sydney one on Anzac Day!

Why Thankyou KP, next time I want a dose of the bleeding obvious, I know who to PM

if only wignpen would open a franchise too... although great to see their beers here now. are there any plans for handpumped ales oztapguy?
and do you have a randall???

NEW ZEALAND
2. Organic Pilsner (Emersons)
4. Munchner Dunkel (Wigram)
5. IPA (Tuatara)
8. Stonecutter Scotch Ale (Renaissance)

:icon_drool2:

Nice selection there, im yet to try the other ones but have also heard good things! I recently tried the Tuatara IPA on handpump at the NZ beer festival :icon_drool2: And Stonecutter is just absolutely devine!!!

Good to see some NZ craft beer exposure across the ditch.. :beerbang:

Now if only cloudwine or purvis would come to Sydney.

There was a time when I thought we (Cloudwine) would but family considerations etc have knocked that on the head. I get the distinct impression the Sydney market could do with a few more speciality wine / beer stores. No matter - you can always buy over the net (I'm amazed at what % of our sales are Sy and Bris orders).

Back