NSW State Comp 2016

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sending entries in a post pack where they will be lying on their sides during transit, do the entries get unpacked on arrival?
Otherwise I'll grab a wine box from BWS.

Bribie G said:
I'm sending entries in a post pack where they will be lying on their sides during transit, do the entries get unpacked on arrival?
Otherwise I'll grab a wine box from BWS.
That might depend on where they're sent. I receive mail entries every year at The Brew Shop in Peakhurst (if you're mailing to us rather than the showground, please only mail to the Peakhurst store so I can keep them together for collection). I will not unpack entries, as there's then no chance then of items/money being lost, misplaced, etc. If the package is marked "this way up" or with an arrow, I will ensure the package is kept that way once I receive it. If they're being mailed to the showground, I'm not sure how they'll be treated, but will probably be the same way.

Thanks, wine box it is. I'll send to the store, posting Wednesday. If they arrive actually ON Monday 8th would that be ok? Not that I would ever doubt the efficiency of Australia Post of course :ph34r: :ph34r:

Entries are due at the store by the 13th, so there is no problem there!

Wow thanks, that takes the pressure off ... might even run through a quick APA by then..

Joking

:p

It's been such a long time since I have helped out at one of these competitions, so, I've decided to come along and assist with some stewarding.

See ya there. :)

That's great, Lindsay. See you there.

With the beers being the right way up question, they will be unpacked, sorted and stored upright for a week at the showground. So there should be no issue with them settling in time for the competition. The wine box is good though they are pretty pricy.

Holy crap, is it that time already?
Only just saw this.

Sorry Stu, can't help out this year. Hopefully next time.

Will be there to steward, alas no beer is ready to enter. I shall look forward to trying the pommy hooferwhatshisface though.

Hey guys, I'm new to the competition thing and this would be my first comp. and i must admit I'm a bit confused.
1. I live in Wollongong, can i drive somewhere to drop off the bottles? Am i too late to post? Where to?
2. How many can i enter? This confuses me the most. Lets say STOUT, has three section, can i enter two types into each of these and thus have 6 entries or only allowed 2 in total (and miss out on a section)? What about if all i make is stout and and nothing else and want to enter it all for feedback?
Thanks guys, Joely

entry information on this page.

There are two categories for stout.

11 Stout
12 Strong Stout

you can enter two in each category, giving you a possible four entries, so for example you could enter a combination such as

11.1 Dry Stout
11.3 Oatmeal Stout

12.1 Foreign Extra Stout
12.3 Russian Imperial Stout

However you wouldn't be able to enter two Dry Stouts plus two FES

I'm posting my entries to the Brew Shop at Peakhurst who are comp. sponsors, are associated with ESB, and lend a helping hand organising the comps.

Comps can be hard to get your head around, like all hobbies, it's a fascinating world to get into.
I used to breed and show dogs - I can assure you that home brewing is a lot more friendly and less bitchy (of course) :p
Happy comping :D

Thanks Bribie G appreciate the input and glad to know from your advice my thinking wasn't too far off. Is the Peakhurst location the only Brew Shop that are accepting drop-offs do you know? I might call the legends down at Nowra and see if they can assist.

Joely said:
Thanks Bribie G appreciate the input and glad to know from your advice my thinking wasn't too far off. Is the Peakhurst location the only Brew Shop that are accepting drop-offs do you know? I might call the legends down at Nowra and see if they can assist.
I don't think it's crystal clear on the site, but the locations are all on the entry info page. The Nowra guys are definitely accepting beers.

http://stusterbrewer.wixsite.com/chnsw2016/entry-information

The last day for entries is mostly 13th (other than for Brewman to make sure they get to the comp in time) so there is still 10 days to go.

Make sure you do the online form as well please.

Stuster said:
I don't think it's crystal clear on the site, but the locations are all on the entry info page. The Nowra guys are definitely accepting beers.

http://stusterbrewer.wixsite.com/chnsw2016/entry-information

The last day for entries is mostly 13th (other than for Brewman to make sure they get to the comp in time) so there is still 10 days to go.

Make sure you do the online form as well please.
Whilst Nowra is accepting entries, they will also need to be in a couple of days early so that they can be brought up to Sydney. COB on 11th, as they will be brought up to Sydney on the Friday morning.

How will entries be stored at the showground Stu?

I only ask because I bottled a beer this week using carbonation drops and am wondering if it'll have enough time to carbonate. I also have some of that beer in the keg, so I could bottle from keg. But my setup is not ideal for that.

Josh said:

I only ask because I bottled a beer this week using carbonation drops and am wondering if it'll have enough time to carbonate. I also have some of that beer in the keg, so I could bottle from keg. But my setup is not ideal for that.

Josh said:

There was an earlier post somewhere further up that addressed this. Apparently stored at room temp until day before then refrigerated.

Edit: Barls beat me to it

So whats the cutof for postal entries?
I have heard that it has to get to the venue this week, but on the website, it says all postal entries must be there before today?

If i send it to get there on Wednesday, is that OK?

Latest posts

Back