NSW brew comp

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJF

Reaction score
Just got back from overseas and tackled 50 odd breweries! Living the dream, for a few weeks anyway....

There's obviously another thread for the comp itself, but who in the central coast brewers is going? what day? any stewards? Appears no official september meeting but just sussing interest and will I bump into anyone? Can the public just rock up or better to try and sign up as a steward? Any official CCB involvement? Good luck to all!

Hi MJF,

September meet has been canned as it coincides with the comp.
I will be there both days, doing whatever is assigned me. it would be best if you officially put your name forward by filling in the form on the website: https://nsw-brewing-championships.org/index.php?main_page=contact_vrp

From what I understand, there should be a few of us there at various times over the weekend.

I reached out to HUB as CCB and offered our assistance with the setup/break down, and they took us up on it, so there will be a couple of us helping sort entries.

Thanks n87. Knew you would be all over this. Will hopefully see you over the w/e. I've put my name down on the form.

Doesn't the liver need a break after 50 breweries??

I'll be at the comp on sunday to help with stewarding.

Had the last 2 days alcohol free, did need a little rest.... Will fill you in on the highlights when we catch up. I've actually requested sunday too. Sounds like they needed extra people and were going to send a confirmation email soon.

I'll be stewarding on Sunday too. Attending my first comp so say g'day if you see a young bloke looking lost ;)

How did it go over the weekend lads?

How did it go over the weekend lads?

It went really well, the guys at HUB ran a tight ship.
I think the only bad part would be the Sat morning, there was a lot of 'where is this beer' and headless chooks. Took about 30 mins, but once everyone worked out what everyone else was doing, it all fell into place and ran smoothly.

Some really nice beers ;)

It went really well, the guys at HUB ran a tight ship.
I think the only bad part would be the Sat morning, there was a lot of 'where is this beer' and headless chooks. Took about 30 mins, but once everyone worked out what everyone else was doing, it all fell into place and ran smoothly.

Some really nice beers ;)
Sounds Awesome!

Well done n87 on your 3rd place.

I got a 6th for the blonde ale and 8th for the porter. Both had good scores, so on the mark for style, just not outstanding beers. I'm keen to see where I can improve.

I'm really really happy with my scores. Got equal 9th (70) and 15th (63.5) in the APA category. Not bad for my first comp and my 19th AG batch.

Yes, these we're actually the same beer. One bottle conditioned, the other kegged. Not sure what happened to the bottle conditioned one, but in the end, it tasted so different I entered it at the last minute.

Thanks gonebrewing, happy with the score.
Haven't had a good look at the results yet to see where my other beers placed.
The APA category is a hard one to get a decent place, they were spread across 4 tables (8 judges) for half a day. It is always the biggest category

Back