NSW annual pub crawl

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barls

causer of chaos and mayhem
Reaction score
ok all its about time we start talking about the annual pub craw.
personally after the dismal turn out last year ie 8 people lets move this back to may.
i suggest we go back to the usual date, ie the day before the million paws walk which would make it may 18.
also shall we do the same route as last time or do we change it

May is ok with me. Public holidays make for low attenadance. I guess we should list pubs to visit and see what lines up.
(in randomish order)

- Harts
- Lord Nelson
- Young Henry's (check open times - sat noonish) - near Newtown train stn
- Union (newtown) - near St Peters train stn
- Macquarie/SydBrew (may be moving soon ...!?)
- 4Pines - manly
- Steyne - manly
- Murrays manly
- the Bavarian etc didnt stock maibock last year due to change of ownership (ie fosters), so probably not different this year. Good for a Fransikaner Dunkel & maybe a Kellierbeir or a vb .... .... or a vb or a Stella. Mussels with vb or stella (+$1) .... wifebeater optional - lolz
- Riverside brewery (nth parra) - has bbq & bright tanks & fantasatic service by Paddo ;-)
- Redoak
- Local Taphouse

so we can do a roadtrip/ferry/train/bus.... or just a smaller cbd event. pluses & minuses both ways :)

nb - will try not to be on call this time. cause that just bad juju.
nb2 - Doc u any idea what beers on tap then at Harts/Union ?

Make it May 18 and I'm in! Happy to miss the Manly pubs (got a wedding in Manly in April so will get into them then!) Happy with usual places - Lowenbrau for breakfast/Lord Nelson/Harts/whatever. Newtown sounds promising? Taphouse is always a dangerous place to descend on!

It's vaguely possible that I will be in Sydney that weekend Fatz. ;)

I'd probablly be interested, but I'm blind and, I could find the pubs but not the crowd! LOL

trust me we are easy to fine especially when fatz is with us, although he was mistaken for a homeless guy near king and george.

id like to put forward spooning goats as well as a stop.

so the standard route is
lownbrau
lord nelson
harts ( lunch)

from here it deviates per year
im happy to miss the manly side due to it being a pita last year.

Can i suggest The Australian Heritage hotel be added ??

For the pizza at worst !

Hopefully I'll be able to make it this year, fingers crossed

Yep, there's a few new bar type places opened down York St that might be of interest.

Could always ask venues a few days prior of what the tap list should be to finalise, the pumphouse sometimes has some bloody good beers, I had Monks Ilicxa (spelling?) which was probablly the best beer I've had off tap!

Nooooo! In vietnam I'm may....
Bugger.
Maybe we could have a splinter session before (or after) may?
Newtown sounds great!

You can count me in again this year Barls!
Although given both the state of craft beer in Sydney at the moment and the state I was in after only
doing the Manly bars & Schwartz, breaking it up over a few weekends may be a good idea!

Fat ******* said:
You can count me in again this year Barls!
Although given both the state of craft beer in Sydney at the moment and the state I was in after only
doing the Manly bars & Schwartz, breaking it up over a few weekends may be a good idea!
its all about conditioning and pacing yourself.

Bugger.
Newtown sounds great!

I meant IN may. ******* auto correct!

jammer said:
Bugger.
Newtown sounds great!

jammer said:
Bugger.
Newtown sounds great!

I meant IN may. ******* auto correct!
i think jammer could be in vietnam in may. dont know where im getting this from but have this strange feeling.
dont think ill be allowed out for a pre session.

Manly was a pita, but it was also worth the hassle for something different. Happy to give that leg a miss and try some of these new laneway/small bars a go.

my first visit to AHB for a long time, and what's the first thread I see?

Good ol' Barls and Fatz talking about a pub crawl :)

Honey, I'm hooome!

Will pencil in May the 18th and check back later to the day to see if it's still on.

Bjorn

Good to have you back mate

thanks. Was having a pint at the Lord Nelson with someone I know the other day.
Somehow came onto the AHB pub crawls when talking and wanted to find out when the next one was.

Still a bit short on space for doing any actual brewing, but would be fun to tag along to another AHB outing.

On the condition that there will be no talk of Pink Killers :)

Bjorn

Back