Nsw Amateur Brewing Competition

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry to hear that you couldnt get the number of judges you needed, wanted to go but went to beervana instead.

As of Wednesday last week it looked we were staring down the barrel of around 320 entries.
Damn good effort by the judges and stewards over the weekend! Probably cursing my name by the end of it.... :p

As of Wednesday last week it looked we were staring down the barrel of around 320 entries.
Damn good effort by the judges and stewards over the weekend! Probably cursing my name by the end of it.... :p
Some of us turned up for all 3 days, and my palate is FATIGUED. We missed you, Mike.

I'm sure that some of those RIS entries were loaded with table salt to enhance character (maybe it only had to be one).
Sorry if I provided feedback as astringent character, as they were sweet but had the driest finish ever. Later my tongue was shriveled and I could taste salt. Was OK before the RIS flight. Tongue has still not recovered.

Les

Good effort to all the judges who made it there. Three or four days of judging is pretty intense. It can be a tough job at times. :beer:

I'm sure that some of those RIS entries were loaded with table salt to enhance character (maybe it only had to be one).
Sorry if I provided feedback as astringent character, as they were sweet but had the driest finish ever. Later my tongue was shriveled and I could taste salt. Was OK before the RIS flight. Tongue has still not recovered.

Les

then I'm hoping my RIS was one of the earlier ones you judged Les, before your tounge got a-salted,
mine was the black one :)

Was the judging completed today?

BOG

I really hope so! I've never checked AHB for thread updates this often before. I'm really hoping to end my 'disappointing results in a beer comp' streak....

I really hope so! I've never checked AHB for thread updates this often before. I'm really hoping to end my 'disappointing results in a beer comp' streak....

I have been checking too but plan to continue my 'How many faults can you have in one beer?' streak in the vain hope of gradually eliminating them from my brewing!

This is my first comp so really interested in the experience of getting some feedback

How many entries did you expect??

How many entries did you expect??
Far less than last year!
I think it was around 360ish last year; more notice, more people involved, more interest on the forum here...I put a rough estimate on 200 early on - totally blitzed that!
All for the greater good though. Glad to see great commitment to serious homebrewing across the state!

Tick tock. The results will be out this week, right?

I have a question for the organisers - what was the correct entry fee ? I seem to think I paid $10 per entry, but was advised of an amended form that required only $7 per entry.

Some of us turned up for all 3 days, and my palate is FATIGUED. We missed you, Mike.

Les

And I thought the Robust Porter flight in the ESB comp was tough. Well done to all who passed judgement!!

Ah man, every time someones posts something new on this thread it makes me think the results are in...

Good work HUB for putting your hand up for the comp, but getting swamped with entries. Hope it wasn't too arduous for you guys.

So, PLEASE can we have the expected time-of-release of the results? I'm starting to lose sleep here, & want to know how poorly i've done!

If I remember correctly a couple of years ago they took about a month to be released.. :eek:

Cheers

Paul

Back