Nsw Ahb Xmas Case Crisis

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
CALLING NSW BREWERS

Unfortnately Quincy has had to pull out of the NSW Xmas case due to a high profile gig in Indonesia for the next month. We don't want to get into details about Australian/Indonesian politics or contraband crossing boarders, but I'm sure that Qunicy will sort it all out as well while he is there.

So we need a substitute brewer to make up the NSW Xmas Case. You will need to have a brew down, and have it bottled (24 long necks required) and dropped off to one of the drop off points (see the NSW Xmas Case 2005 topic in this forum) by the end of this month. You will in turn receive two cases of long necks in return from 23 other brewers for your consumption over the Xmas period.

Step up, step up.

Beers,
Doc

Doc said:
CALLING NSW BREWERS

Unfortnately Quincy has had to pull out of the NSW Xmas case due to a high profile gig in Indonesia for the next month. We don't want to get into details about Australian/Indonesian politics or contraband crossing boarders, but I'm sure that Qunicy will sort it all out as well while he is there.

So we need a substitute brewer to make up the NSW Xmas Case. You will need to have a brew down, and have it bottled (24 long necks required) and dropped off to one of the drop off points (see the NSW Xmas Case 2005 topic in this forum) by the end of this month. You will in turn receive two cases of long necks in return from 23 other brewers for your consumption over the Xmas period.

Step up, step up.

Beers,
Doc
[post="87516"][/post]​

Come on girls and boys, think of the kudos to be had for 'saving the day'... ;)

Shawn.

I'll call Pumpy.......hes got a brew or three sitting there I reckon.....another M.A.L.E. brewer to the rescue. B)

a couple of weeks ago, Gerard was talking about a mash day demo. if its still on & we can organise enough longnecks, he might be generous to offer that as a sub :)

I would be happy to join in, if someone else hasn't already stepped in.

Berp.

Well done berapnopod, where in Sydney are you?

Well done and thanks berapnopod.
Was feeling a tad guilty until you saved the day. :(

Going to Indonesia for work at this time of year really sucks :angry: . Jakarta is a bitch of a place at the best of times, but leading into the summer months 40+ deg days are common place.
Temp combined with pollution, security issues, bad water etc etc makes for a testing month ahead. ;)

Rant over.

Cheers

Top darts Berapnopod :beerbang: We have a saviour... What's your beer going to be? Have you read the deadline etc? :)

Shawn.

Sorry to be pedantic and off topic as well, but it never gets to 40c in jakarta quincy, unlike bangkok. the hottest time is actually past but the next few months are pretty wet and humid so it feels pretty hot.

end of lesson :unsure:

stuart

Nice one Berp....
Good effort with such short notice..!
or do you already have a brew at the ready..?

Slainte'
KoNG

Is it to late to contribute to the xmas case?

Mine is also only kit, but bloody good ones if I say myself........

I think it might be too late DC as people have already brewed and bottled the required amount for the 24 people included in the case.

Hi all,
I live in Chifley, but don't worry, I actually live outside the jail.

I am not sure which brew I will be doing for the case. I need to do some reasearch on the whole thing first, but I am planning to brew a witbier, and ESB and an American Pale Ale on Sunday, so most likely one of those - assuming they turn out well.

I also have some Wee Heavy that did well in the NSW comp, but I am not sure if theres enough for 24xlongnecks.

Anyway, will let you know ASAP.

Berp.

Not that you were asking me but... go the ESB berapnopod :beerbang: :lol:

Whatever is obviously fine, just on a 'Bitter' kick at the moment... :)

Shawn.

Welcome to the Xmas case berapnopod. Thanks for stepping up.
Sorry to have to go to Indonesia at short notice Qunicy. Hope you can keep out of trouble and get your work sorted quickly for an early return to Oz.

Sorry DrewCarey, but you've missed the boat this year. I'm sure we'll be doing it again next year, so stay tuned mid year when we call for hands.

Beers,
Doc

Hey Quincy

I also am heading off to Indonesia at short notice on Saturday (Sumbawa), but since I am a hard core brewer i quickly brewed my case beers the other day and will bottle them when I get back. Over here in the west ther are NO EXCUSES for failing to deliver.

who me? nope. nothing. not at all..... I'm good for it....

(sorry for the hijack)

Back