NSW 2013 Xmas in July Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Cortez the Killer 100% Heavily Peated Distilling Malt Strong Ale ~7% - Ready

2. matho AIPA 8.5% wyeast 1272 bottled 25/3/2013
3. grantw Theakston Old Peculier 5.8% bottled 28/06/13 leave till August 11.
4. black_labb
5. barls honey bitter ~4% bottled 28/06/13 leave for a month after bottling.
6. RexBanner
7. Josh Belgian Dubbel - 6.2% - 90% JW Pils 10% Homemade dark candi - Wyeast 3787 - Bottled 28/6 - Wait till August
8. Nick R Aconcagua Ale - 4.7% - Quinoa and Maize (and barley) ale w/ Saaz. Bottled 23/6 - I'd give it a month in this weather!
9. The Village Idiot Was aiming for a Bock, not sure how good my aim is. Might be a clean tasting Brown Ale???
10. pimpsqueak Doppeldunkelweizenbock 8.3% Should hopefully be ready to drink before the end of winter
11. ScottC English bitter 4.9% - Was supposed to be a Worthington Whiteshield IPA clone. Ready end of July.
12. nifty - Some sort of Irish Red (ish brown) Ale - 5% Wyeast 1084 - Bottled 23/06/2013
13. Fatgodzilla (unlucky 13)
14. JonW Belgian Blonde Ale. 7% WY3787. Kegged 11/5, CPBFing this morning. RTD.
15. Gulpa. Belgian Strong Ale. 7.5%. Wy1388. Bottled 23/6, probably needs a month.
16. Ester Trub Belgian Dark Strong 8.2% WY #3655PC Belgian Schelde Ale. Bottled 30/4. Best left until end of August or later. Let this one warm up before drinking, 8c or higher.
18. homebrewkid
19. monkeybusiness Southern English Brown 3.5%ABV. Bottled 23 June. Juniper added late to the boil for something different but went light on so not sure if you'll be able to pick it.
20. Goldenchild Hoping to bottle a 6ish% choc/oat stout if it drops a few more points by saturday. If not will be Belgian wit or a red ipa from the keg
21. Littlejohn Oak smoked Porter 4.7% - Bottled 02 Jun - good to go

I might be running a little late...

how late mate,
looking to swap around midday ish but earlier if we have everyone.

loverly weather for it at this end.

thanks barls for a great arvo

cheers steve

thanks for coming down mate,
fun time for all i think
look forward to the tasting of them mate.

1. Cortez the Killer 100% Heavily Peated Distilling Malt Strong Ale ~7% - Ready
2. matho AIPA 8.5% wyeast 1272 bottled 25/3/2013
3. grantw Theakston Old Peculier 5.8% bottled 28/06/13 leave till August 11.
4. black_labb
5. barls honey bitter ~4% bottled 28/06/13 leave for a month after bottling.
6. RexBanner
7. Josh Belgian Dubbel - 6.2% - 90% JW Pils 10% Homemade dark candi - Wyeast 3787 - Bottled 28/6 - Wait till August
8. Nick R Aconcagua Ale - 4.7% - Quinoa and Maize (and barley) ale w/ Saaz. Bottled 23/6 - I'd give it a month in this weather!
9. The Village Idiot Was aiming for a Bock, not sure how good my aim is. Might be a clean tasting Brown Ale???
10. pimpsqueak Doppeldunkelweizenbock 8.3% Allow a month to carb. Will update when ready.
11. ScottC English bitter 4.9% - Was supposed to be a Worthington Whiteshield IPA clone. Ready end of July.
12. nifty - Some sort of Irish Red (ish brown) Ale - 5% Wyeast 1084 - Bottled 23/06/2013

14. JonW Belgian Blonde Ale. 7% WY3787. Kegged 11/5, CPBFing this morning. RTD.
15. Gulpa. Belgian Strong Ale. 7.5%. Wy1388. Bottled 23/6, probably needs a month.
16. Ester Trub Belgian Dark Strong 8.2% WY #3655PC Belgian Schelde Ale. Bottled 30/4. Best left until end of August or later. Let this one warm up before drinking, 8c or higher.

19. monkeybusiness Southern English Brown 3.5%ABV. Bottled 23 June. Juniper added late to the boil for something different but went light on so not sure if you'll be able to pick it.
20. Goldenchild Hoping to bottle a 6ish% choc/oat stout if it drops a few more points by saturday. If not will be Belgian wit or a red ipa from the keg
21. Littlejohn Oak smoked Porter 4.7% - Bottled 02 Jun - good to go

Just wondering what is in bottles #4 and #6?

nooo guys!!I forgot the day!!!I'm sad for that!!
I remember that was around 2x but I thinked it was on july.... (for the title..) that's bad..I miss a big occasion to meet you guys...sorry!

its alright was a bit squishy on the patio as it was. lovely weather it was.
see you next time.

pimpsqueak said:
Just wondering what is in bottles #4 and #6?
I brought over Black labbs beers, but I don't think he told me what was in them. He's away in Russia at the moment so I don't think he is checking in here. I would probably leave it till the end of the month as he bottled a few weeks ago.

Sorry mine was number 6 & it's a farmhouse ale 6.7% from memory (can't access computer right now) & it's ready to go.
Was indeed a good day & great to meet more brewers
Cheers
Steve

ScottC said:
I brought over Black labbs beers, but I don't think he told me what was in them. He's away in Russia at the moment so I don't think he is checking in here. I would probably leave it till the end of the month as he bottled a few weeks ago.
Thanks again Scott.

Number 4 is a Belgian pale using 1314. Would love to hear what people think as I have only tried a hydro sample before bottling and won't get to try it until September along with many other beers I'll be waiting to try (mine and the case swap). It should be ready to drink as it was bottled in the first week of June and doesn't need to age.

Back